While I was taking care of my sick husband, my mother-in-law wouldn’t let me wear makeup, sighed with relief after he left.

Today I want to talk about patience. For example, caring To others, as the majority thinks it should be. Humane, kind. But at the same time, he must see boundaries and not do someone else’s work to the detriment of himself or his loved ones. The same ambulance workers or firefighters working for pennies will definitely understand and support us.

In the family of one of our readers happened trouble. She tried to cope with her own strength, but this was not enough. How did it happen that no one came to the rescue and what followed? Let's just say trouble doesn't come alone. You can find out everything else by reading her story below.

The more than three decades that my husband and I have lived have essentially defined my life. I became who I am today because of him. I think I will be supported by many women who have the same situation.

I've never been a careerist and at the same time sometimes regret choosing to live as a housewife. Yes, I raised two daughters, gave them parting, helped them find the way in life. At the same time, I kept the hearth, listened to my husband in almost everything, and in general, I think, was a good wife all this time.

I don’t understand how some women can “go away” even if not very often. This behavior is unacceptable to me. Again, the only thing I would like to try is to pursue a career for a couple of years. When I was young, I went to accounting classes and I was pretty good at it. But with the birth of the eldest daughter, there is almost no free time left.

Although my husband and I have been living like cats and dogs for the past 3 or 4 years, when we were kids, we stubbornly pretended that everything was still fine. They laughed, joked, played their part. But, being alone, we just went to our rooms and did something different. Yeah, it happens. I have not lost respect for my husband. But love is long gone.

The first bell was not understood by anyone: fatigue, headache and apathy. My husband never complained, but as a woman, it struck me that he lay on the couch longer than usual without making a sound. I watched TV without even switching ads. Then came the trips to the hospital, the drugs and everything.

Alas, it didn't help. We, of course, as far as we could, postponed a terrible date. And the kids helped. But no miracle happened. When I said goodbye to my husband, I cried with all my heart. You see, I didn't have any anger for this man. Yes, feelings are gone, a lot of past pleasant moments are forgotten. But we have children with this man. And I won't look for another one. That's right.

Now a new problem is on the horizon. My mother-in-law. The woman who had been harassing me all her life was also sick. And the doctors say it's serious. The maximum is five to six months. I believe in God, sometimes I go to church and wish her all the best. Believe me, I did not have a single positive emotion when I heard about this news. Despite the fact that someone, and me father-in-law for life brought a lot of pain and disappointment.

This is different. Her only daughter is now abroad. I think her closest relative is me. So I'm going to have to take care of her until the end. In addition, she lives relatively far away and in order not to spend half a day on the road, the doctors advise either to move to her apartment or take this woman to yourself. I already have experience in such things.

So that you understand, when I came to visit Svetlana Yurievna, she looked me in the eye, crooked and whispered that I would not wait for her apartment. She already signed it to her daughter. Like I'm interested in this wretched box. But attitude, you know? I don't know what to do.

On the one hand, yes. There's not much left and no one can help her except me. You can't leave a man, no matter who he is. Let’s not forget that I was recently widowed. Not a girl anymore. I want to live like a normal person, I don’t need much. I want to walk around the city, communicate, breathe air. Not sitting over a sick 85-year-old woman who just hates me. Probably not in this life anymore.

Tags

See also

New and interesting