Why do mothers teach sons that there can be many wives and mothers are one?

“My husband stopped eating at home in the evenings. Every time I cook a delicious dinner and wait for it from work, but Valera refuses to eat at home. After work, he often visits his mother to help her. Then her washing machine broke, and the master is expensive to call, then the mother-in-law can not hang the watch on the wall. So as a thank you, she feeds him, and the husband comes home full and tired, just goes to bed, says Lena.

Lena doesn't understand how to communicate with a person she doesn't see for days. Lena works at home, and Valera works physically in the factory. He sleeps off at the weekend, so there can be no walks or conversations. When Lena tries to talk, her husband moves into another room.

One day off Valera gives me and household chores. He doesn't like it, but I'm not iron either. This Friday we agreed to go to the furniture store together, and on the way back we had to buy groceries. I made a list and called Valera.

Then he was at his mother-in-law's, helping hang the chandelier. In the morning he said it would take a little while, but in fact it took half a day. When he picked up the phone, he said that we were not going anywhere and that I should skimp on the store myself.

Inna Alexandrovna, my mother-in-law, is 65 years old. She's still quite a cheerful woman. In retirement, she became quite bored, and she began to call Valera to her for any reason. We already come to visit her every weekend, but since she retired, there have been too many mother-in-laws in my life.

My mother-in-law gave birth to a child for herself. Serious relationship she did not develop, and she wanted to know the joy of motherhood. So she raised Valer by herself. Her mother-in-law never refused her son anything, she takes care of him to this day.

It seems to me that Inna Alexandrovna is jealous of my son. Otherwise, why does she always invite him in, knowing he's working hard? I'd rather let him rest. But no, she lacks attention. The mother-in-law believes that she has every right to dispose of her son’s free time.”

We are married for the fifth year, we have a little son. We rent a small apartment that is ten minutes away from his mother. Her mother-in-law cooks everything she loves because she has the time. She also recently suggested he wash his clothes because we have a lot of baby diapers and I'm tired. A man always leaves some things to his mother.

I'm starting to get stressed out. Especially when we start getting together and it turns out that his jeans are at his mom’s, and he hasn’t taken the hat from her yet. The mother-in-law raised her son well, he helps her with paying bills and brings groceries. He's coming home exhausted. He will fall asleep under the film in the chair, then immediately spit on the bed and fall asleep.

It's like I'm living alone. No care, no talk, no romance, especially after the baby is born. As a result, I raise my son and go to the grocery store. And thanks to the mother-in-law, half the cooked food spoils because no one eats it.

When he said he wasn’t hungry, I got angry. She told him to either take things from his mother or move everything to her, because she can't go on like this. I want to live and communicate with a person, not just look at the snoring body in the evening. I am not saying that the child needs Dad’s attention.”

From the editorial board, Lena's claim is quite understandable. She is a young mother, with a living husband feels lonely. Every woman needs attention and care. This concern manifests itself in small things: swaying the child in his arms so that his wife slept, taking out the garbage without a reminder and praising the delicious dinner she tried so hard to prepare for the man she loved.

Lena seems that all her efforts go unnoticed. The bond between son and mother is so strong that the wife is the fifth wheel in this close-knit family tandem. Valery is a very well-bred and caring son, but he has other duties to his wife and son. Once he proposed to a woman and became a father, do not forget about it, otherwise the family will be destroyed.

Tags

See also

New and interesting