For a month I do not buy bread, I cook lean Turkish bread, baslam on kefir, relatives joke that you can open your bakery.

Simple cakes on kefir or water are in the kitchen of many countries. They have long been roasted in Russia, loved in the North Caucasus and Central Asia. The Turks call this homemade bread "bazlam", and the Hindus - "chapati". Someone eats it with butter. And someone adds a variety of fillings.

But in any case, the recipe bribes the fact that the ingredients can be counted on the fingers of one hand. There are no expensive products, unprecedented seasonings. Just the simple foods we’re used to seeing in our kitchen.

Simple cakes on kefir Ingredients
  • 400g wheat flour
  • 250ml kefir
  • 1 tsp salt (no slide)
  • 1 tsp soda
  • 1 tsp sugar

Preparation
  1. Ask for flour with salt, sugar and soda.
  2. Mix the soft dough. Depending on the consistency of kefir, it may need a little less or a little more than 250 g. For example, it took me about 300 grams.

3. So that the dough does not stick to the hands, lubricate the hands with vegetable oil.
  4. Put the dough in the fridge for 10 minutes to rest.

5. Roll the dough into a small sausage and divide it into 5 parts.

6. Each part roll into a thin round pancake.
  7. Make pancakes all over the area with a fork. Warm the pan well.

8. On average, roast the cakes on each side until golden. There is no need to lubricate the pan with oil.

9. When the cakes are toasted, grease them with butter.

10. As you can see, preparing such cakes is not very difficult. It's a great substitute for purchased bread.
  11. Bon appetit and new culinary discoveries!

Katlam is an Uzbek fresh cake with a delicious filling of dill or green onions. Such cakes can be baked in the oven or fried in a pan. They are crispy on the outside, soft and layered on the inside!

Tags

See also

New and interesting