Wonderful products that could be found on the shelves of Soviet stores, but now few people remember about them

Oh, how I want to see the same Soviet products on the shelves again! As a child, my parents wondered why I chose tomato ice cream for 7 cents. I just really liked the taste. “Did you like that?” my mother and friend recalled. To which, aunt Klava, her mother’s friend, replied: “The Saratovs remember tomato ice cream, and I lived in Kaliningrad and did not hear about it!”

Today's edition. "Site" It offers a little nastalgia and recall the wonderful products that could be found on the site. shelves. They don't exist now!

Soviet products "Breakfast Tourist", melted cheese in tubes and tea in tiles ... “Now you won’t even meet this!” continued the conversation with my mother and friend, and I decided to listen. Interesting!

About "Breakfast Tourist" I personally know firsthand! This canned food my mother and I found in grandfather's stock in the pantry.

Do you remember that stew?

View this post on Instagram

Publication from Vintage. Packaging. Design (@vintage_retro_story)

In the 80s, for some time in the neighboring deli sold cheese melted "Amber" in tubes. There was also melted cheese "Viola", which was sold in jars.

Favourite brands of Russians (@love.brands.omi)

This is what tea in briquettes looked like. It was so fruity. Of course, such teas were intended for brewing, but it was very tasty just to chew fruit tea. In the sale of such briquettes for a long time, but very sorry.

The coffee was bad, but everyone kept it.

Publication from the USSR (@cccp_______)

Here. halvaAs before, you can buy it in the store. In Soviet times, to be honest, I hated tahin halva. Especially when it was in small and round iron jars. But now in our family is flying hurrah. The main thing is not to clap with your ears, otherwise nothing will get! added Aunt Clava.

Publication by @Natural_food_Russia (@natural_food_russia)

"And there was sorghum!" recalled my mother. “It’s a cereal that looks like barley, but more rounded!” explained my mother.

Young people don’t know everything about it. And Soviet times It was sold literally for pennies, but was not very popular.

Publication from Schar SKIDKI delivery Russia (@dietamarket.ru)

Now many manufacturers like to use the phrase on the labels: “Gost”. But what is a real guest? Take, for example, ice cream in the USSR. It was great! GOST put forward strict requirements - no artificial additives, only natural ingredients. This product was so high-quality and tasty that the USSR exported it.

About 2,000 tons of ice cream were exported annually. Now about such ice cream can only be remembered by those who managed to live in that era!

Posted by ıllıZLAYA BABAıllı (@zlaja_baba)

Also worth remembering and milk-drink. What was their taste, taste and quality? They were poured into glass jars that had no labels on them. Drinks were distinguished by foil lids.

Publication from Born in the USSR (@born_in_ussr_in_1966)

In the USSR, birch juice was extracted on an industrial scale. It was canned and sold in three-liter cans and bottling. Now it is rare and easier to buy juice from tropical fruits than birch.

Posted by Aleksandr Popov (@aleks_po_adventure)

Do you remember that custard?

I also suggest you remember what was in the makeup of a Soviet woman and find out how they still managed to look so good. They had Leningradskaya mascara, and a thousand and one more tricks that helped create the perfect natural makeup!

Publication by Alexei Mitrofanov (@almitrofanov)

And lastly. baking. Most bakeries today offer everything except traditional pastries. Baghets, donuts (or “donats”), khachapuri, shawarma, eventually... Sad. And I want our bagels, buns, Moscow bread or condensed nuts.

But through cooking, through family gatherings over a cup of tea (of course, in a bite with a pie or kalach), our Slavic traditions are transmitted. Will they disappear in a few years or will they rise from the ashes? We just have to wait and hope...

Which Soviet products do you remember the most? Which of the above did you taste?

Tags

See also

New and interesting