The old woman threatened to get to the nursing home on trips, because it seemed to her that she was preventing the son’s family from living happily.

Family, relatives, friends, acquaintances. Colleagues at work. All these people around us every day directly influence our worldview. They shape character. Responsiveness, kindness, helping people These are the virtues we can cultivate not only in ourselves but also in others. You just have to try a little bit.

Our reader thinks the same. She decided to share with us her story from life, proving that the environment can affect a person in the same way as life, upbringing and everything else. It can affect both the good and the bad side. Even in adulthood, when the character and habits of a person are firmly formed.

For the second hour she was sitting on a bench in the yard. Near the usual post-Soviet gray nine-story buildings. Cars of residents from time to time drive around, looking for free space in the parking lot. But now and then they stop at those areas where, in theory, there should be a lawn. Tamara Olegovna only dissatisfied with squinting and once again throws a tighter thin jacket of her son. She has nothing to do in the apartment.

About six months ago, her house in the village burned down. While she went to the clinic, walked through the market, met a former employee and talked to her about all kinds of news, her native hearth caught fire from some spark, then the fire spread to the shed, where there were chickens with ducks and stocks of potatoes. None of the people were injured, but housing and households were not saved.

My mother-in-law lives with us now. Former "dormitory", you know, space is not enough. So Tamara Olegovna does not want to take it from us. Often goes outside, wander, sit on the bench, just so as not to occupy our living space. For as long as we've told her that we're only happy, we don't care.

This woman used to be very cheerful. She was engaged in farming, selling eggs and vegetables in the market. She worked hard, but the village life was only a joy for her. Before the fire, I remember her like this. Now it is just a tangle of nerves and a person with a constantly bad mood. My husband and I don’t say anything, but you can see that sitting in a concrete box all day she just can’t.

My husband and I are at work during the day. I come after six, and the faithful may appear at night. Especially now they have a new customer. All this time, at least the old lady doesn't feel superfluous. At least I hope so.

A week ago my mother-in-law told us she wanted to go to a nursing home. Away from us, from the city. She'll be comfortable there, and she's already decided. Honestly, I thought it would come to this. We even contacted her sister, who lives in a village in another area. But she could not help at the time. Her son and daughter-in-law live with her, so it will not be possible to attach a mother-in-law.

A month has passed, the situation has been heated. My husband was hardly home, so I stayed with my mother-in-law. Not that Tamara Olegovna somehow interfered with me, but I saw that a person suffers. She was always trying to do something. Then wash the dishes, then wipe the dust, then wash. But always only in the "village" way: hands, without chemistry. I haven't seen a newspaper in my window since I was a kid.

Her feelings about the nursing home haven't gone away. She even threatened to get there by herself. The state is obliged to support the elderly in such cases. But she had a house. Our home. And at some point, I couldn't stand it. I called my husband, told the situation, he took a long time, said that it was too early... But then he agreed.

On the weekend morning, we packed all my mother-in-law's belongings, got in the car. She's kind of uplifted. She told us not to think about it, she was totally supportive. Let's go. My husband and I were constantly looking at each other in the front seat, and at one point the old lady was even nervous. They should have been here a long time ago.

But what to do, the city is upset, everywhere repairs. You will have to work around the way, be patient.” At one point, we passed the native village of Tamara Olegovna. I even saw a tear on the woman’s face. What a reminder of a past life. But nothing. She'll be smiling soon.

I was wrong. When she arrived, she burst into tears. These were not tears of sorrow, but rather joy. After all, we came to her house. Not the ashes on the edge of the village, but a nice new home. It turned out that it did not burn completely and the main parts survived. So the husband joked: he hired a brigade and in accelerated mode they plowed almost all this time.

Not a 5-star hotel, of course, but much better than it was. Even my sister-in-law came to see what happened.

- All right, Mom, take the job.
- Oh, my God, this is a miracle! How did you do all this? My family!
- Come on, it's nothing special, Mom. If you had patience, you would have seen the barn. But for now, the farm needs to be postponed. Aunt Luba says she'll help you first. They have chickens too.

Cyril, my husband, did a great job. He loves his mom. It doesn't hurt me either. And now I see how people can change when they're treated right. My mother-in-law was 10 years younger in a few seconds. The man had so much energy, it just shone. I instantly remembered what she was like in the morning, a completely different person.

People really need help. Especially family. Be more careful and careful. Not only my mother-in-law, but my husband was happy. You did a good job. Now I'm even more proud of him. You won't be lost with a man like that. That's it, my dears. Use your mustache. In this life you need not only to take something, but also to give!

Tags

See also

New and interesting