Refused to sculpt dumplings for her husband on the weekend, did not want to waste time in vain

“What to do on a weekend, maybe rest? No, it's too easy. It is necessary to spend the day usefully: cook food, clean the house, iron things, put them in the closet, go to the store for groceries - this is probably how every married woman imagines the weekend. You can not just lie on the couch and sleep, relatives and friends will be accused of laziness.

This is what life looks like for Lena, a married woman and mother of two daughters. Lena works in shifts for 12 hours every other day, and her husband works 8 hours 5 days a week. Her husband believes that Lena does not get tired at work, since she works every other day, and may well devote her day off home and family.

After work, Anton falls apart on the couch and does not want to hear a word about lessons, cleaning, or how I spent the day. He wants to eat delicious food and rest. We have two daughters, after the second decree, I found a job in shifts to give time to children and not sit on my husband’s neck. While Anton was working alone, it was difficult for us, now it is a little easier financially.

But I'm losing my feet. Sometimes I come in after shift, my husband is already asleep, and the kids leave their homework on the table for me to check. Then I go to the kitchen and make preparations for breakfast and lunch, along the way picking up toys and scattered things.

When I'm at work, the kids go to my grandmother after school, and in the evening my husband picks them up. Thank you mother-in-law, even though she looks after her granddaughters every other day, it's a huge favor. The grandmother, of course, feeds the girls, and at home Anton gives the task of the eldest daughter to look after the youngest, and he dines and goes to bed.

Anton doesn’t have the patience to do his homework and check it out with the kids, so I do. The weekend begins with the fact that I gather my daughters to school, make them breakfast and snacks for lunch. I take my kids to school and go to the grocery store on the way home. Then I cook lunch, pick up the kids from school, feed, iron, sometimes clean. So the day passes unnoticed, I cannot say that I am resting.”

My husband thinks that I have plenty of time, and I do not get tired at all, since I work every other day. This week I decided to take a break from everything. My husband wanted me to make dumplings, but I didn’t cook anything. Varens would have to be sculpted for half a day, and they are eaten in ten minutes. So I did mix the dough tonight, but I made pizza.

When Anton came from work, he was upset because he was waiting for his favorite dumplings. And I said I wanted to rest on my day off. He does not burden himself with life, and it all falls on my shoulders. And he started telling me again that I work every other day and can lie on the couch. As if the dishes are washed themselves, order itself is restored, and the dumplings miraculously prepare themselves. He pretends he doesn't understand. So I'll pack up and go to my mom's for a week. Maybe Anton will finally understand what I do on the weekend. I wonder how he will rest with an empty fridge and two children.”

It is quite possible that Anton himself, if he had worked in shifts, would have done so. He would lie on the couch thinking he deserved a rest. It is likely that nothing in his life would have changed from the schedule. The fact is that he does not see what is happening on the weekend of his wife, and believes that the house is never a mess, and the food is prepared half an hour with force. Until Anton is in the role of Lena, he will not be able to appreciate her work. So Lena really needs a break. Only outside the walls of her home can she rest. What would you do if you were your wife?

Tags

See also

New and interesting