I listen to the lamentations of my mother-in-law: it flies into one ear, flies into the other.

What could be better than home-cooked? Yes, one that is cooked with the soul by the hands of a beloved mother, wife or grandmother. However, not every modern woman is ready to spend her time cooking. Someone just does not want to do it, and someone easier to save and buy ready-made semi-finished products in the store.

Agree, if all family members are satisfied with everything, it is unlikely that anything can go wrong. Today we invite you to discuss this topic. And an example is our new story, the main character of which quarreled with relatives over food. I wonder which side you'll take?

I don't often go to visit my son lately. When he and his family moved to the other side of town, we rarely saw each other. It’s hard for me to travel so far, so we usually meet on holidays.

But that Sunday I woke up earlier than usual. The weather outside was so pleasant that I decided to visit my family. Especially before winter and cold, I can hardly visit them at all. She told me about her visit as soon as she left the house. An hour later I was at their place. I got the cake, it's all right.

I was very happy that my daughter-in-law was cooking lunch and setting the table. It's been a long time since we had such family gatherings! You can see that Tonya tried to fame: she made borscht and dumplings. It must have been by the stove since morning. Except it was different.

When I sat down at the table and tasted Tonin borscht, it seemed to me very sour and strange in taste. I politely asked, “Sweet, sweetie, what recipe did you make this borscht?” My daughter-in-law's answer discouraged me.

She said, “I didn’t cook, Nina Ivanovna!” We usually buy all frozen semi-finished products in the store near the house. It is cheaper and much faster.” I can't believe it! Is it possible to feed your husband and son third-rate dishes every day, it is not clear who prepared them? What about delicious homemade food?!

In general, this situation spoiled my mood. I didn't even try jams. For a long time I was silent, but at the end of the dinner I could not stand it and said: “Tonechka, you are the hostess here!” You should do everything to ensure that your husband and child eat both tasty and healthy!

The daughter-in-law reacted very calmly. Said it wasn't a good time for home-cooking. Like, she is constantly working, the family saves on everything to save more money to buy a future apartment. After hearing her excuses, I asked my son to help with the groceries. But he refused.

When I went home, I left my grandson some money: ‘Please buy yourself some food.’ But not crackers and candy, but something normal. Fruits, vegetables, sausages, cottage cheese, for example. You tell Mom I asked for it!

I am really worried about my grandson. He is now 14, his body is maturing, growing stronger. Of course, Bogdan needs proper nutrition, not frozen semi-finished products. How awful!

After that, my son called me the next day. He told me not to give my grandson any more money. They say everything is fine, there are no problems with food. But I saw it with my own eyes! There is nothing better than homemade food. Why doesn't my daughter-in-law understand that?

From the editorial office of the People’s Wisdom says: “No one goes to a foreign monastery with their own charter.” Although we perfectly understand the indignation of Nina Ivanovna. Of course, she wants to help her family and do the best. But as long as her son and daughter-in-law are happy, they are unlikely to want to change anything.

I wonder what you would do in the place of the main character? Would you convince your daughter-in-law that she was wrong?

Tags

See also

New and interesting