This Is Why Good Girls Get Divorced By Age 30

On weekends, I just love spending time with my longtime college friend, a psychology teacher, and an active family psychologist at a private clinic. We meet over a cup of coffee and laughter for hours, discussing daily troubles and minor problems. Our main principle is to try to look at all difficulties through the prism of humor.

But today's conversation was extremely serious. My friend is saddened by the fact that more and more new patients (and these are women who are over 30) destroy their familiesby filing for divorce on their own initiative. To understand this pattern, she decided to find common features that unite all these ladies.

Family divorce
  1. Good behaviors.
    Strangely enough, all these girls from a young age were brought up in conditions of total obedience: first before their parents, then before teachers, later before employers and finally before their own husband. They listened to mom and dad, brought change from the store, received A’s in mathematics, graduated from institutes with red diplomas and prepared their husbands borscht. But it didn't make you happier.

2. The first years of marriage are not remembered.
    Of course, during this period, every woman had many important events, but they often concerned her husband, his work and the success of children. And the excellent student herself daily passed the exam on the ability to adapt to new life circumstances.

3. Responsibility for all mistakes fell on the shoulders of women.
    Relationships in marriage in these women were different in that the period of “laundry” they had with her husband was not. Often, after high-profile scandals, the wife fell silent and took responsibility for all family failures, avoiding minor quarrels and quarrels.

4. For the first 5-8 years of marriage, a woman tried to be wise.
    Instead of talking frankly with her husband and finding out the roots of the problem, the wife, using various manipulations, secretly achieved her goals. The main thing is that the man himself believes that the last word is for him. Often family albums of those years look the same: in photos, a smiling, diligent wife with perfect order and a child in lace clothes on her arms. My husband looks a little distant but calm. But at this time on the soul of the wife scratching cats, because in the four walls alone, with her husband is not interesting, and with a child difficult.

5. Return to work
    In the end, the woman is tired of the family routine and she goes to the long-awaited job. Naturally, in the field of work, she also strives to be an excellent student. Therefore, even her free time at home is devoted to talking about new projects and deals. This, of course, irritates the husband, because he is used to the fact that before his wife paid all her attention only to the family.

6. Relationship cold
    Gradually, the woman realizes that all the years of marriage she danced to someone else’s tune. And it would be good to first agree with my husband about all the subtleties of cohabitation. But good behaviors do not dictate their rules to others, they prefer to do what they are told.

7. My husband opens his third eye.
    Often, when a husband sees that the other half is achieving visible success in work or creativity, he begins to look at his wife with different eyes. Gradually, a man himself begins to look for ways to get closer to his native woman. But his attempts are pathetic. It’s embarrassing for him to take care of his wife. Therefore, it is easier to take out garbage or go to the store as a sign of reconciliation.

8. A woman's insight
    After many years of marriage, a woman begins to realize how unequal her family responsibilities are with her husband. The man quietly earned money while the woman was left with everything else, from minor childhood problems to installing a washing machine. At the same time, the husband still managed to make mocking jokes about how awkwardly she pasted the wallpaper.

In the end, the woman makes the final and irrevocable decision – divorce. After all, if a person is given something meekly and regularly, he gradually gets used to it and treats it as proper. And after many years, hearing a request or even crying about bestowal, such a person is very surprised.

I wish we, the excellent students of good behavior, learned not to be afraid to talk about how we feel. Since childhood, insist on your own and argue with others to be heard. Perhaps then many couples will have a completely different ending.

Have you come across stories like this? Be sure to share your experience with other readers in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting