How to make a closed calzone pizza

Calzone (Italian: calzone) is ItalianIt is a type of pizza typical of the central and southern regions of Italy.

Especially convenient is the little sister of classic Italian pizza for a picnic or lunch in nature. Firstly, it is closed, which means that the juicy filling will not be lost during transportation. Secondly, it is small and can not be cut.

Calzone Pizza Ingredients
  • 2 tbsp flour
  • 1 tsp dry yeast
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbsp milk
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • <3 tbsp olive oil in dough

Filling ingredients
  • 400g ground meat (pork + beef)
  • 400g canned tomatoes
  • 125g mozzarella
  • 1 bulb
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • basil
  • rosemary
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil for roasting

Preparation
  1. Warm the milk a little.
  2. Dilute the yeast and sugar in it. Let me stand for 20 minutes.
  3. Mix sifted flour, salt, olive oil, milk with yeast in a bowl.
  4. Mix the dough. Cover with a towel and let me stand for 1 hour.

5. Roast the onions and garlic in heated oil for 5 minutes.
  6. Add the mince and cook it, kneading the lumps for another 10 minutes.
  7. Add the sliced tomatoes and salt.
  8. Carcases for 6-8 minutes until all liquid evaporates.

9. Meanwhile, grind the basil, slice the mozzarella.
  10. Roll the dough in a circle. Put a part of the filling on one half of it, distribute mozzarella pieces on top, sprinkle basil and rosemary.

11. Cover the filling with the second half of the dough and pinch the edges.

12. Lubricate calzone with yolk, place it on a buttered pan. Alternative: lubricate with tomato sauce and sprinkle with grated parmesan.

13. Warm the oven to 200 degrees and bake the pizza for 10-15 minutes.

14. For example, I had to taste to fry calzone on both sides in a pan. By the way, this method of cooking is found in Italy.
  15. Italian calzone pizza ready. Take it with you to nature and have fun.

16. Bon appetit!

Calzone is good, but one pizza for a picnic may not be enough. I want some variety. In this case, "Site" I have prepared recipes for 5 original snacks. Especially surprised mushroomer and soybean barbecue... It's impossible to break away!

For those who do not exchange pizza for anything in the world, we are ready to offer recipes for Swedish, thin Turkish, dietary vegetable pizza, original pizza-roulette, fast pizza on lavash and amazing pizza in... ice mold.

Tags

See also

New and interesting