How to prepare Charkhali

Georgian beets, or charkhali, are another proof that Georgian cuisine can be very diverse and low-calorie. The piquant taste of this snack is largely determined by the addition of plum tkemali sauce from the same plums, garlic and swamp mint ombalo.

The freshly cooked chargali, I confess, did not make a special impression on me, but in the morning, when the beet absorbed all the sauce, all its sourness and spicy aroma ... It was a very different dish and it disappeared from the fridge at the speed of light.

Beets in Georgian Ingredients
  • 1 large beet
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 1/2 chili peppers
  • 1 bulb
  • 1/3 tbsp tkemali sauce
  • 2 tsp unrefined vegetable oil
  • 3 twigs of cilantro
  • 1 tbsp wine vinegar
  • nuts
  • salt and pepper

Preparation
  1. Boil the beets softly. Cool and peel off the skin.

2. Peel and run the garlic through the press.

3. Cut thin chili rings and half rings of onions.
  4. Cut the beets with flat slices.

5. Cut cilantro with a knife.

6. Pour some of the wet sauce to the bottom of a deep bowl. Add a spoonful of wine vinegar and vegetable oil. Stir it.
  7. Put it in. temali layers of beet, salt, pepper, onions, garlic, chili peppers and cilantro. Pour the rest of the sauce.

8. Cover the bowl with a lid and send for 24 hours in the fridge for pickling.
  9. Serve the beets on the lettuce leaves. Sprinkle chopped nuts on top.

10. Bon appetit!

Georgian charkhali I want to cook again and again, sometimes sweeter, sometimes hotter spicy, but always, thanks to the fragrant cloth, unusually tasty! Paying tribute to this unique plum sauce, "Site"It offers recipes for 5 other popular sauces that every hostess should learn how to cook.

Tags

See also

New and interesting