I keep a bag of kefir in the freezer all summer, I tell you why.

How to get cheese from kefir? First you need to buy a package of fatty kefir and ... put in the freezer. What to do then you will learn from our article.

Kefir cheese ingredients
  • 1 liter of kefir with a fat content of 3.2%
  • garlic
  • dill

Preparation
  1. Send a package of kefir with a fat content of 3.2% for 12-24 hours to the freezer of your refrigerator.

2. After this time, the frozen kefir was removed from the freezer. Give 15 minutes to stand, so that the kefir thaws a little and it is easier to separate the package.
  3. Cut the frozen piece of kefir in half.

4. Prepare a pot, sieve and gauze or bandage.

5. Elevate a gauze sieve in 2-3 layers. Place the frozen kefir on top of the gauze.

6. Wrap it in gauze and put pressure on top. In my case, it's a litre of water.

7. After 3-4 hours, on the site of frozen kefir cubes, porridge is formed from curd mass and melting ice crystals.

8. The serum gradually drains into the pan. And after 5-7 hours, only soft cheese remains in the gauze.

9. Depending on the fat content of kefir, 250-350 grams of cheese are obtained from a liter of the drink. Given the simplicity of the process and the naturalness of the base, the result, I think, is very good.
  10. From the resulting cheese cheese, you can make a simple and tasty spread on bread. You just need to add to it crushed dill and garlic passed through the press. Painting of cottage cheese and greens can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days and used as needed. Delicious and simple!

To quickly prepare these delicious and original sandwiches, just the simplest ingredients that are probably in your refrigerator. This is a great option for breakfast!

Tags

See also

New and interesting