What happens if you feed proud foreigners sprats?

Traveling to other countries, we are happy to get acquainted with the food there. Every time we try something new for ourselves. At the same time, we forget that the usual food for a foreigner will also seem a discovery. And as our history today demonstrates, even the usual sprat For an Asian, it may seem incredible.

Bread with sprats "We once celebrated in the hostel the birthday of a good man. Semyon has been earning money in South Korea for the third year, so the circle of his close people looked accordingly.

In general, according to those present here, it was possible to learn geography: Yakuts, Buryats, two Uzbeks, a Ukrainian, and guys from Kazakhstan. A Korean, Semyon’s partner, who helped him learn the Korean language, visited closer to the holiday, and he, in turn, introduced him to Russian.

“Semen’s younger brother Misha also came from Chita. Of course, he didn't come empty-handed. I brought a couple of tiles of our chocolate, as well as what became the main dish of our modest table - several jars of Baltic salaki (sprots in oil). Yes, bought a couple of rolls of black bread in Seoul, on Dondemun (there is a Russian bakery).

In South Korea, you can’t buy bread in any store. There's no white here, let alone black. Not every city can find it. Much of what we are used to in our country is rare. Even the usual condensed or seeds here are considered some exquisite food.”

“We covered the table with what was. I wanted something familiar from my childhood. Therefore, Misha's hotels immediately went into use. They made the most ordinary Soviet sandwiches with sprats: a fried slice of black bread, a layer of mayonnaise, a little garlic, a cucumber, an egg and a salad. Delicious!

Korean and Sprats, I must say, a great lover of food. And he came to them when they came to him. I didn't want to leave until I ate it. He likes to learn not only the language, but also the kitchen. Of course, the bread with sprats immediately interested him, and he asked what it was.”

“A sandwich with sprats,” explained Semyon. Seeing that the Koreans could not pronounce such a complex design, he clearly repeated: “Sproty”. The Korean pronounced “Shih-pi-rotta” meaningfully, after which he took one sandwich, carefully bit off and began chewing, covering his eyes.

How is it? Masiso? asked Semyon, they say, is it delicious? To which the Korean floated in a blissful smile and gave out a phrase that made us grab our stomachs: “Tilks, I love you.” And then he said it was the most delicious thing he had ever eaten.”

“We laughed for a long time afterwards at this sincere admiration of the Korean. The sandwiches were really crazy. And even our Korean friend, who (like all Koreans) loves tasty food and knows a lot about food, appreciated how even the most ordinary sandwiches with sprats are tasty.

Yes, a person quickly gets used to the good. And therefore does not attach importance to the goodies that regularly appear on his table. And such little things begin to notice when you find yourself somewhere far from your native land, where the usual products for you are a curiosity.

Yet Sprats enjoy popular love for a reason. After all, with this product you can build many different options for snacks. And on any table such sandwiches there is a worthy place.

1. A slice of loaf, sprats, some grated boiled potatoes, a boiled egg, melted cheese, a piece of tomato and dill.

2. Roasted slice of loaf, sprats, piece of lemon, piece of tomato, boiled egg, mayonnaise and parsley.

3. A slice of a loaf, sprats, cottage cheese, boiled egg, black bread, a piece of salted cucumber, dill.

Of course, there are many options for such sandwiches. Choose exactly those products that are at your fingertips (or which are most like), experiment and delight loved ones with your small culinary masterpieces.

about:blank

Do you like sprat sandwiches?

Tags

See also

New and interesting