She did not raise her son for herself, only once in six years she called him.

Relationships with adult children who create their own families do not always go smoothly. Sometimes misunderstandings and resentments exceed common sense, and then the outcome can be unpredictable. As in our history today, where mother-son They were destroyed by sheer stupidity. It’s hard to say if we’ll ever be able to fix it.

Kostya married almost 6 years ago, married a very pretty girl. At first we talked on the phone, everything was fine. And then they were picking up the phone less and less, always doing something. I didn't care about it. I thought that they just need to give time to settle down, to establish a common life, writes Nadezhda Valentinovna.

“And then came my son's birthday. I didn't call again, I bought a gift, got a cake, got dressed and went to visit. They opened the door for me, but I didn’t see much joy in seeing them. And then the daughter-in-law hinted that they had no time, that guests should come soon and they should cook.

I looked at my son, but he looked away and started tinkering hard at some dish. I realized that no one was waiting for me here and I am not welcome here. It was a shame, but nobody cared. I left a present in the hallway, put my shoes on and left.

After that, we talked only once. So I decided to sell my apartment to move out of town. My son was attached too, so I had to call him. He initially disagreed, but then gave up. I came and signed the papers, and I gave him his share. Silence again.

When my husband left, my son was 10 years old. Then I decided that Kostya would be the main meaning of my life. We lived well, always found a common language. Then in the third year of the institute, he decided to live separately, went to the guys for a rented apartment. Although we began to communicate less, I did not mind. I knew he'd be better off.

And then he signed up with this girl, and our communication went down. Then, of course, he deigned to call me several times, but my resentment was already so great that I had no desire to communicate as if everything was in order.

Now I live at a considerable distance from them, settled my own life, got a dog. I talk to interesting people, we have a great time together. I recently met an old friend who a couple of months ago saw her son in the supermarket with his pregnant wife. I'm probably a grandmother by now. My son didn't tell me anything.

Of course, I wonder how they live. I'd like to know what they named their grandson or granddaughter. I'd like to babysit the little one. But they don’t need me, and I don’t want to impose. It seems that Kostya decided that the grandmother of his child is not required, this is his right.

Strange story. Maybe the woman didn't tell the whole truth, and her relationship with her son Initially, it wasn’t as good as she said. After all, can it be that because of the sheer trifles of such close people could not communicate for years?

In any case, one of the parties will need to take a step towards reconciliation. Perhaps it is worth putting aside pride and vanity to talk heart to heart with your loved one. It is much better than years to accumulate resentment and build a victim. Isn't it?

Tags

See also

New and interesting