When my mom met my husband, her world turned upside down.

How wonderful that our society is getting rid of stupid stereotypes. The thought that womanhood It is about cooking and cleaning, long gone into oblivion. Healthy feminism brings enlightenment to the masses. And beautiful nymphs not only defend their rights, but also fully show their femininity.

Modern woman combines tenderness and audacity. She knows how to love sincerely, and this feeling is given to her a hundredfold. Today we would like to talk about real female happiness, without which life would not be so bright. Let’s talk about how we lived before and where we are now.

The writing of this article was inspired by a post published on Facebook. Next, we will share the original text of the message with you, and then discuss it together.

When my mom met my husband, she had a tectonic shift in her cortex. It turns out there are men who say, "We, not me, bought a house, we, not you, need to wash the floors, we, not you, have dirty dishes in the sink."

Meeting with the mother-in-law was no less shocking for her mother. At the very moment when the mother was already rushing to kiss the pile of hands in gratitude for the fact that “her unlucky daughter is finally attached”, the mother-in-law asked to translate her mother from English: “Oh, how lucky our son was to pull out a lottery ticket in the face of your daughter: not just smart, but also so beautiful!” ?

Mom started catching air and breathing hard. “What’s wrong with my mother?” the mother-in-law asked. "What's wrong with you, mother?" I translated to my mother in English. “It’s just very unusual for me to hear this from my mother-in-law about my daughter-in-law,” my mother muttered, still in shock.

When my dad brought me to introduce my mom to her mother many years ago, the mother threw her through her teeth: “Where did you dig up this ripple?” Why do you need it? And Mom heard it. She was a fiery redhead, full of freckles. Freckles were even on her lips, but her mother was cinematically beautiful. Mom didn't know she was beautiful. You can’t tell a girl she’s beautiful so she doesn’t walk.

My mother tried very hard to like her mother-in-law. She worked hard in the garden, picking up two potatoes instead of one bag. Every day I washed with ice water from the well of the floor in the house, completely took over the kitchen. But Baba Luba remained the Snow Queen: rippled and rippled, her depreciation was unshakable.

Then my “rigged” mother took care of my mother-in-law in our tiny Kiev apartment, removing from under her everything that was filled in relation to her mother. The Snow Queen retired without saying thank you to her rippling sister-in-law.

It is good that family scenarios can and should be rewritten. In most cases, under the yoke of an overwhelming sense of guilt. It's like you're going against your kind. But they can and should be rewritten.

It took me many years and energy to rewrite the female roles in the script of my family. Roles of peasant girls who had an unenviable start: no passport, no exact date of birth and virtually no choice. A mother who thinks a woman's worth is how many bags she can put on her shoulders. She became a snow queen to survive.

Sometimes I feel sorry for how long I was spinning, as I thought, idle. But when I look at my daughter, I realize it's not for nothing. My daughter had a very different start. And that was probably the best thing I could do for her. Love her unconditionally and always tell her.

Because of the quarantine, I see my mom less often. Jerry (my mother-in-law's name). We last met on Mother's Day. She pulled up to me in her wheelchair, asked me to lean over to her and said quietly so that no one would hear, "Thank you for your love for my son." I laughed back, “He made it very easy for me.”

Not so long ago, a woman of my kind was judged by the number of megatons of potatoes that she could put on her shoulders. Today, she is appreciated for the number of megatons of love she can give.

This touching story shows how people’s attitude to life in general is changing. Of course, we can talk about the difference of generations and differences in mentality. However, one thing is clear: we become more attentive, kind and aware. I guess. womanhood It’s really about just loving. However, the same applies to men.

I remember my grandparents who were constantly fighting. I've never heard them say good things about each other. Who knows what their lives would be like if they divorced and started over without thinking about what people would say?

What thought did this story give you? It will be great if you share your thoughts in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting