What is different from mashed potatoes

Personally, I love lean mashed potatoes, so I’ve never added anything but salt to them before. But last year I had the opportunity to host the future father-in-law, who, having tried such a push, had already decided to dissuade his son from the upcoming marriage.

“This, of course, is not at all like what the housewives knew thirty years ago...” – Nikolai Petrovich pointedly shook his head. And then he looked at me with such annoyance that the ground was gone.

But luckily, instead of reproaching, the father-in-law decided to teach me how to cook. puree. For which I am still very grateful.

By the way, it turned out that mashed potatoes and turkeys are not the same thing. But we'll talk about that later.

In the meantime,"Site" I want to share with you the wisdom of cooking potatoes from Nikolai Petrovich.

Remember, daughter, the taste of puree depends not only on how you prepare it, but also on its variety. Gentle and homogeneous puree It will never be possible to cook from potatoes, in which there is too much starch, the father-in-law began his lesson.

At this stage, I was able to learn that you can distinguish starchy potatoes by their appearance. Its main features are considered to be a characteristic rounded shape, light brown or red skin and the white color of the bulb itself.

You should also not buy young potatoes for cooking. So he is. boiledAnd the dish will be too dense.

It is no secret that before cooking potatoes must be peeled and washed well. If you do not, the dish will give an unpleasant earthy taste. I don’t think that’s good enough, right?

But the fact that cooking potatoes is necessary immediately after cleaning and in already boiled water, many do not even guess. Since in cold water, potato slices will be boiled unevenly and the middle as a result. will remain damp.

I have often made these mistakes myself. But now it's time to get better!

If you do mashed potatoChoose milk with a fat content of 2.5% and above. This will give the dish a rich, but at the same time a mild taste.

By the way, before pouring milk into a pan with potatoes, it is necessary to warm it slightly. Otherwise, the mash will be a questionable gray color. That doesn't sound too appetizing, does it?

Scents of mashed potatoesIt can be added with thyme or rosemary. Just send a couple of twigs of these herbs to the pan at the time of adding milk. Then cover the pan with a lid and leave it to stand for 5 minutes. Then take out the herbs and stir the potatoes.

It won't be too much. pureeA piece of butter. Just do not forget to first remove it from the refrigerator and bring it to room temperature (or even melt it altogether). Otherwise, texture It's gonna be glue.

But to interfere with oil in potatoes must be whipping movements. Then we'll get it. puree, not the usual trough, which is usually put in cakes and dumplings.

Try to make mashed potatoes in this way and immediately realize that these two dishes are really strikingly different.

We hope you will share with us your impressions of the result. We look forward to your comments on this.

In the meantime, we say goodbye, wish you a good day and a good mood!

Tags

See also

New and interesting