He married and did not invite him to visit for five years. What is the reason for this behavior?

Admittedly, not always adult children actively maintain contact with their parents. Probably, in this matter everything depends on the upbringing and environment of a person. A couple of phone calls a week are enough. And someone used to get visitation from time to time to visit his family and friends.

The heroine of today’s history is at this crossroads. The woman herself really wants to visit her son and daughter-in-law, but they are categorically against it. How is this possible and will the family find a compromise? Read more about that.

My son has been married for over 5 years. In all this time, I never received an invitation from him to visit. The thing is, my daughter-in-law, Tanya, doesn't like having someone in the house. Apparently, I remained a stranger to her.

The apartment, by the way, belongs to her. This is a small one that is on the street next to me. While the kids were without kids, I didn’t really ask for them. My son called me every day, and on holidays he always visited me with Tanya.

However, everything changed when the daughter-in-law became pregnant. The last few months she had to spend in the hospital under the supervision of doctors. I ran to her every day several times, bringing food and medicine. His son was constantly working, and his parents lived in another city.

I was hoping that this difficult period would bring me closer to my daughter-in-law and she would trust me. I was looking forward to the birth of my granddaughter. But Tanya kept telling me she didn't have to help with the baby. Moreover, the first month she is not going to see anyone and show the baby.

© Freepik To be honest, I was sure that everything would change after the birth. On the day of discharge, I came to the hospital with a huge package of gifts and hoped that my son would invite me to his home. But on the way in a taxi, they just dropped me off near my house. Is that normal?

I only see her on the street when Tanya goes out for a walk. Over time, she let me be alone with the baby while she goes home and goes about her business. When the baby wakes up, I have to call Tanya to come out and pick up the stroller. Sometimes I help her get her to the door, but they don't even let me in!

© Freepik Tanya always refuses, they say, will now feed the child, and it is high time for me to go home. And then he just closes the doors in front of me. At some point, I stopped being offended. What's the point? I don't know, maybe my outlook on life is out of date, and now it's the norm. Please tell me what to do in this strange situation.

Such unusual behavior of the daughter-in-law probably has some explanation. For example, she's ashamed because flat not renovated. In fact, the reason is trivial, but women are sometimes very worried about this.

Perhaps the daughter-in-law is just afraid that her mother-in-law will fill the entire space in the house and Start giving unnecessary advice. That happens a lot! After all, relations between relatives are very fragile matter. We would advise the main character just to talk with his son and daughter-in-law. For example, a woman could invite them over and ask them directly about everything.

What would you recommend to the main character of today’s story? Be sure to share your opinion in the comments. Wait for you downstairs!

Tags

See also

New and interesting