Icelandic peat house

Offer you to get acquainted with a very remarkable housing is a historic Icelandic peat of eco. Housing is really extraordinary, as the country Iceland. I think you are now and see for yourself.

Before you Icelandic peat house. Small houses, covered with dense vegetation, similar to the home of the hobbits, as if cloaked from prying eyes! These houses are notable for the fact that is almost entirely built from peat.

Peat house in Iceland — not exotic. It is the traditional structures, because of the tree were built there is not a lot. There are several reasons: first, the tree in Iceland has always been in short supply, and peat abound. Secondly, to bring the tree to Iceland was economically unprofitable, as this "ice country" is located on the island, far from the rich forest lands, and transportation for this is not enough.

Construction of wooden houses was very expensive, so they are in Iceland is much less than in countries with similar climate. And the climate there is quite frankly, not good — in summer the temperature rarely rises more than 15°. But as we already know, peat — perfect insulating material and can retain heat in homes, even in the coldest time of the year.

The peat houses were built on the type of frame, very simple. The Foundation that was laid of flat stones, became both floors of the house. Then constructed a frame made of wood, and it was already Packed blocks of compressed peat. In one of the photos shows that these blocks are "Christmas tree". On top of the peat house has zakazyvala grass, and it created additional sound and heat insulation. That's why peat ekodoma Iceland is very warm!

Beautiful and unusual, isn't it? That's where the real ecology of housing.

I guess people live here in complete harmony with nature! I think that these houses are one of the attractions of this quaint country — Iceland! published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: tvoya-usadba.ru/e-kodoma-islandskie-torfyany-e-doma/

Tags

See also

New and interesting