Gluten-free coconut flourThis is a hypoallergenic product is truly a precious gift of tropical Paradise.
Coconut flour made from coconut flesh, which is in the process of degreasing and grinding into flour. In appearance it is very similar to wheat, but the composition and properties are quite different.
- Since the coconut is not related to the grain, the flour produced from it, has no problems associated with the use of protein crops. Thus, it is perfect for gluten-free diet.
- Coconut flour has advantages over the flour on the content of protein, fiber and iron. Fiber is a ten times more than flour. In 100 grams of coconut flour contains 39 grams of fiber, while in whole wheat 11 grams, and white flour – only 3 g.
Protein content per 1 serving coconut flour not inferior to them rich wholegrain wheat (and this despite the complete lack of problem gluten). And carbohydrates, those that are adsorbed, it is less than any other flour. Such a strong "friendly Alliance" of protein and fiber in coconut flour is comparable with what was available in fasola-legumes, and can greatly facilitate the task of weight control. For this reason coconut flour is increasingly adopted as a good tool in the fight against excess weight.
- An added bonus is the presence of lauric fatty acids, prisutstvuyuschie in breast milk and is known for its antiviral, antibacterial (antifungal) properties.
- Unlike butter, cream and milk, derived from coconut, the flour produced from the dried pulp of this fruit, it seems that an exotic taste. This important quality allows to use it for a variety of purposes.
- Coconut flour has virtually zero glycemic index i.e. will not increase the sugar level in the blood.
It is important to consider when using coconut flour in baking?Coconut flour is very hygroscopic.
- The product is not cheap, though, at the “cost” of the finished product still turns out cheaper than the same made from almonds.
- The high content of fiber in coconut flour can be good for some, but create some problem to others – those whose digestive system is unable to cope with high pressure of dietary fiber. In such cases, caution is required.
The same tissue acts in it like a sponge, absorbing much more fluid than on the able another raw material. Using coconut flour in baking,you need to know that it is impossible to replace the flour from grain crops coconut in the ratio 1:1.
For a successful “switching” recipes for coconut flour, it is sufficient to take it quite a bit. Presumably, to replace 1 Cup of flour from cereal will only need ¼ to 1/3 Cup coconut flour. Instead of bulk sweeteners will be convenient to use a liquid – syrup, agave, Jerusalem artichoke, honey, maple syrup and incorporate them into the composition of the liquid ingredients. It is better to use already developed recipes with coconut flour than to risk a relatively expensive ingredients and precious time in experimentation.
Almost all recipes are baking in 100% coconut flour rely on the use of a large number of eggs.
Best of coconut flour turn out pancakes, muffins, cakes and muffins – anything that involves fluffiness and crispness. But the crisp cookie, cooked in a flour, to bake will not work. From overly "thirsty for moisture" coconut test in this case, go articles, reminiscent of the texture of jams.
For culinary purposes other than baking (for example, when frying instead of bread crumbs), coconut flour can be taken to replace the 1:1 ratio.
Coconut flour can be successfully used as a thickener in sauces and soups. Creams for cakes with coconut flour are more resistant. It is important to observe the following 5 rules:1.
Coconut muchused need to sift before you measure the right amount. This will allow to get rid of lumps and to maintain accuracy of the formulation. Since the recipes for coconut flour, it requires far less in volume than in the case of traditional flour mixture, then the error can be significant.2.
Need and more thorough mixing of the dough.3.
Follow the baking time. Often it is required less than in the case of the same products from grain crops.4.
Baking of the absorbent coconut flour is much softer than conventional gluten-free, and did not shrink so fast. To enhance the effect of the "splendor" makes sense to bake products before and place them overnight in a closed container to give the opportunity to "be fed" with the desired air moisture. However, in case of prolonged storage in this form (without ventilation), it is possible that they may too “wet”. The product “effeminate”.5.
Up to six months coconut flour can be stored at room temperature in a tightly closed container. Unlike coconut oil, for longer storage it is better to put it in the refrigerator or freezer, pre-Packed well. Before kneading, you need to let it warm up to room temperature. Recipe lemon coconut cake without flour (without baking)
Ingredients:For the basics:
For the filling:
- ¼ Cup of Hercules
- Chaski almonds
- ⅓ Cup flax seed
- 1 Cup dates (remove pits, cut into big pieces)
- Chaski cashews (a few hours to soak)
- 1 Cup coconut flakes
- 3 bananas, peeled and coarsely chopped
- juice of 2 lemons (100 ml)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
grated nuts, dark chocolate, coconut shavings
1. In a blender mix all ingredients for the base (or mince) until a sticky "dough". Spread on the bottom of a split form (pre-lay cling film). Put it in the refrigerator.
2. Cashew whipped with lemon juice until creamy. Add remaining ingredients for filling and whip until a white, homogeneous, smooth mass. To try and, if desired, add honey or other sweetener to taste.
3. Spread the filling on the base, cover with film and put in the freezer at least 1 hour. Then take it out, garnish and serve. Store in the refrigerator. Cooking with
P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption - together we change the world! ©