How to communicate with people you don't like

James Altucher, investor, blogger and entrepreneur about how to approach different types of people.

When I yell, I get scared. After all, it probably means that I did something wrong and get justice.

I used to please others. And it's not the best tactic.

I had to learn to understand people — what they are, how to respond to them and whether there are ways to do it better.

1. Happy people

Some people seem terribly happy with life. These Dobryakov like nothing ever bothers. It made me nervous because I didn't understand: why so happy?

Perhaps I envied them. Perhaps they were happy because the rich, beautiful and generally better than me.

But, as they say, "I want to be happy — be".

I always remind myself that you need to be able to rejoice for others. Don't know if everyone is is easily. I definitely don't. For this you need to work on yourself, and to do it every day.

2. Unhappy people

Hard to look at homeless people. Or to know that the native people were in the hospital, or friend is in jail.

Often I do not understand how to cope with such problems. Sometimes I just turn away from these people.

But compassion is like a muscle that must be trained.The best way to change someone's life — to help someone who really needs help.

Practice empathy — this is the best fitness.

Every day I ask the daughters did to help someone today. I wouldn't have any right to ask them about it if I hadn't asked the same question myself. People who need help, something unhappy.

3. Good people

Some people can not be called happy, but they're definitely good. It is easy to be envious of bill gates. I he has long envied, so wanted to believe that his ideas are not worth a dime and all he does is enforces illegal monopoly.

But he gives 100 million dollars to charity. Thanks to him, here you will find the way to cure malaria in Africa and to tackle problems that were considered insoluble.

That's the way I want to be. Want to participate in solving problems. But if you really want to join the ranks of superheroes and stand shoulder to shoulder with bill gates and other philanthropists, we need to start to discover their powers — to suppress envy and appreciate what they are doing.

4. Hysterical people

It's not about a random passer-by or some kind of psychopath on the subway. With such you know what to do — just unfold and go.

But if it's a boss, friend, family member — anyone from the constant circle of communication? And here the man yelling, insults, asserting itself. For me, for example, was asserting itself all and Sundry — because I try too hard to be liked.

And it was not the fault of the quarrelsome person. It was my fault because I allowed it. And you just need not afford.

Stop the communication.

Take a break.

Miss the family dinner.

Life is short. You cannot allow others to fall and humiliate himself.

It is possible they are acting like this because you need help. But if all the help is to hurt the middle — then it is wrong.

Be kind, show compassion, but limit contact. Even with the head. Greet when you walk past, and keep an eye on another job where you do not have to raise your voice.

That's the way people trained and domesticated animals for centuries and millennia.

People — part of nature, and for us it is also relevant to this approach.

Anyway,the main idea is simple: behave yourself. As people who want to become.

If you don't like happy people, you yourself will not be happy. If you allow yourself to be rude Hamam, something about you will wipe legs.

Tell the world who you are — otherwise it will decide for you. And hardly in your favor.published

© James Altucher

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Source: ru.insider.pro/lifestyle/2017-03-11/horoshij-plohoj-zloj-kak-obshatsya-s-lyudmi-kotorye-vam-ne-nravyatsya/

Tags

See also

New and interesting