Bodily awareness

I always thought that my body is something physical and dense. It's like I'm trapped, trapped in some kind of hard, heavy, impenetrable physical shell. I thought that the body separated from the mind.

The mind seemed to me to be much more ephemeral than the body. He seemed to be all created from those pesky fleeting thoughts that come and go. The peace and celebration of the thoughts they seemed transparent. But the mind and the self, I have never found. Thoughts just appeared in space. It felt like a final revival, but they were not.

Forty eight million nine hundred six thousand ninety

The body seemed to be something quite different, too physical, for lack of a better word. I guess that is why many on the spiritual path, not exploring it. It displays things like addiction, anxiety, emotions, suppressed feelings, traumas and contradictions.

My body seemed to be something like failed limitations that I will have to live with. With age, my once well-built swimmer's body changed and I began to feel even more useless – this itself is a separate appendage, slowly fading with the approach of death and decay. At the age of 40 years, I had the usual growing pains. It all seemed doomed me to escape from the body. 40 years of running, and another 40 on the way. Hurrah.

As all this is reflected in the body, I suddenly saw what I was doing most of his life – the same as many others. We do our best to avoid the full and conscious realization. We invented sophisticated ways of avoidance and denial. Here are some of them (and I passed most of them):

• Looking for something outside of yourself (drugs, enlightenment, success, love, caffeine, etc.) to cure this uncomfortable human incarnation.

• The desire to become truly smart, overload the brain the most complex conceptual frameworks and labels everything. E allows you to spend most of your time and attention in mind — your comfort zone. Because there is no need to feel.Yu what it actually is to be human and to experience vulnerability and intimacy of the relationship

• Constant desire to change your appearance through diet, exercise, and even food disorders. And all this to avoid the deep inner pain of self-slantnose and nedostoyuschie in a world where physical attraction ZENITSA very high. This includes huge cost, deeg, . Full of time and energy in trying to stop the aging process. In many cases, these efforts are aimed at alleviating inner suffering.

• Full dissociation with trauma and other conditions in the body, too painful to meet with them face to face. I have worked with people who have developed the ability to leave his body at the first sign of bespokoystva or injury.

• Rooting osoznanno in a relaxed state without reference to the body that all also points to conditionality anyway.

Twenty four million nine hundred ninety nine thousand one hundred seventy eight

In the center Killaby I had the opportunity to work with people who came with a space instead of the body. One look in his eyes revealed that the man spent his whole life trying to be anything but human. Some come to the center after years of drug or alcohol addiction, eating disorder, trauma.

Their eyes, their power more eloquently than any words: “It's overkill – consciously be in your body”. They are fussy, unstable and restless – in constant expectation of the ability to escape from uncomfortable feelings or emotions in the present.

One of the most challenging practices facing our center is just sit quietly in a room with no phone, computer, food, TV. It is in these moments POPs up dissatisfaction with the human incarnation. Everything about the system screams: “No, I can't be alone with this body.” In between sessions there is a great temptation to quickly return to the phone, IPED, TV, work, food, drugs, other...anything to escape.

Spiritual seekers are often the same space instead of the body, and anxiety as dependent on drugs and other substances. Many in this state come to the Center after a powerful experience of awakening. Sometimes they are so busy trying to convince staff in their waking hours that ignore the protective energy rising in the body, when their opinion is challenged. The impression that a non-dualistic teachings–at least many of them – a disservice to the seeker and the finder, promising something not a concept of being or presence that somehow swept away all the sufferings of the body-mind. The promise is often not the reality. This is evidenced by the vacant look and restless energy that does not allow you to simply calm down and be in the present.

I've met people who, it seemed, were fully aware of the lack of a separate "I" and those who argued that awakened. But they still faced very real consequences of unexamined addiction, suppressed emotions, restraint, compulsion or injury in the body. Our bodies remember the suffering, even when we claim that went beyond this.

In the Center we spend a good part of the time in the practice of the presence involving observation through “I”. But this is only part of the formula of revival. This part is absolutely not enough to fully live and to release the suffering that has accumulated in the body after years of life on earth. The experience of awakening is only the first step. The body needs time to catch up.

Now back to the body... I share the stories of those who come to the center, only because I know exactly what they're going through. I have lived a life trying to escape or go beyond the experience of the body with all its emotions, feelings, blocks, injuries. I am a very good all understanding, because he went through it.

I would like to say now that I have found a method of establishing the presence without examining the body. I would like to say what many teachers say: “You are not the body.” But when I heard it said one teacher, who smoked and died, I realized I don't want to go so expensive. I know what it's like to be addicted. This is about identification with the body. The words “I am not the body” and identification with the body, addicted, traumatized or troubled – it kind of just talk. The body remembers the truth, even when a language is lying.

Like I said, once I felt his body dense, physical and restless. I needed to meet everyone's emerging sense of quiet serenity, not even thinking to change anything. Of course, it happened that I wanted to feel differently. But it didn't work. I tried so many times and in many different variations. It's never worked. I've tried all of the dependencies. I tried to nesmotrel on his childhood trauma. I tried to ignore the anxiety felt. I tried to believe that the initial wakeup is sufficient for peace and freedom. I myself was fooled.

And then came the moment when all this madness and running away from the body seemed useless. It was impossible to avoid the human experience of living life in the body. Something had to change. The change came through internal examination of the body.

Forty one million two hundred fifteen thousand seven hundred thirty three

When I started to look and feel your body, I noticed that it was not the physical form. It's a combination of feelings, emotions, words and images. But, hell, this is primarily felt physically. Exploring the stomach or throat, I just saw the image and felt an accompanying feeling. I just realized this image or energy, nothing more. The study helped in an amazing way to stop the desire to change your feelings. Game fix seemed useless.

From that moment there was only the process of understanding these sensations, images, emotions and words. Had nothing to do with them. It was enough to just understand them and let them be. I saw that it's the same temporary phenomenon and thoughts. Realized that, without paying attention to these emerging phenomena, I kept coming back to the search, treatment and separation. It's time to pay attention to it.

The study was intimate, gentle and soft, like love in every sensation and the thought about the body. Complete surrender to everything that arises. I carefully uchastvovala in the body throughout the day. It truly resembled a romance novel. I saw my entire life paid attention, love and anything that is outside of me. I was just looking for something that would change my feelings, and someone who would love my body and my experience. I realized that it depends only on me and not somebody else. Outside of this is not found. How is it useless to think that someone from the outside will bring me comfort and love. It depends only on me.

Before we go any further...it's not “I” did it. Not that the story Scott took the body. In history can only be thought about the body, but not experience it. The body can be taken from the space of silence, when most of the thoughts will calm down. It was a silent peace. I call it body awareness: we no longer rely on the mind and sense of self to know your body. We just feel it in the present moment, all of his cracks and crannies. Be conscious of the body so directly, with such intimacy, is to see through it. It means to be fully conscious that there is no escape, and nothing of what it cost to run.

My body began to feel and look like a cartoon, the game of illusory images and sensations that come and go. I'm still deeply aware of the body along with everything else in life: sounds, colors, space, trees – everything. This is so beautiful – love the experience so much that avoidance and denial is simply meaningless.

Of concerns here outweigh the carrots I will say this. The value of the study of the body is to shift from identification with the physical body to a gentle and loving accommodation of all bodily experience without identifying with it. Dare I say what a bliss to Wake up so deep. If you see that as a carrot, just pay attention to the search for the idea. Search is the way to retreat. Put it into question. I'm just sharing experience. Without indulging search, or projections.

I have no idea what you are talking about when talking about the awakening awareness of the body. I can only imagine that this refers to the awakening of the mind, where there is a sense of emptiness or lack of the head. Can't agree with that. My body I simply will not allow. It is literally screaming for revival. As for those who disagree with the aspect of awakening of body, I can only assume that they are suffering as much as I once did, and like so many others. Perhaps they simply refuse to live what is happening in the body, run away from your bodily experience.

You have an addiction? Is there a background feeling of anxiety? Can you just sit and spend some time? Do you complex conceptual design? Protect you these concepts? In this case, it is possible that you missed the awareness of the body, and it didn't help. It just delayed the inevitable realization that the only way out is through it. I just suggest not to ignore our own human experience.”

Abandoning habits to avoid, you hereby waive any and all ways to retreat. You let go of anxiety and emptiness. You just look inside yourself and see that there's nothing to escape.

What can't we change, changes usAs the subconscious mind forms the fate

Look inside and awareness of my body at the moment shows that your body and your life are inseparable. All this searching and running away in thought was just a reminder to feel, accept and let be what it seemed excessive. Whatever you felt was not excessive. It's just your body saying, “Pay attention to me instead of having to seek relief where it is not found. I'm relieved.”published 

Author: Scott Kiloby

Source: 9journal.com.ua/%D1%8D%D0%BC%D0%B1%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%82-%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%8F-%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BE%D0%B7%D0%BD%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%BD%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%82%D1%8C/

Tags

See also

New and interesting