The attention deficit disorder - a disease or an opportunity

Talk about attention deficit disorder.

I personally believe that it is important not the name of the phenomenon, and a clear understanding of what is complexity and the ability to work with this complexity, controlling your energy.

For most children, the diagnosis is triggered as a brake in the motivation of self-development and success.

Children and adults have been diagnosed with "attention deficit" is often people who have a dominant right hemisphere (shaped logic) — they are kinesthetic! Therefore, it is difficult to learn the traditional educational program because it is "not for them", i.e. not consistent with the peculiarities of perception and information processing. In such circumstances, naturally enough, they lose interest in teaching, and then to achievements.

I'm still "not okay" — why bother.

I'm fine

By example and the example of their customers I learned how important faith is, "I'm fine" and I just need certain skills.

Academic success is explained not by natural features but by how much an individual has formed the techniques and methods of action that meet the requirements of the educational process.

What skills are important?

— understanding of the language of the body, the ability to mobilize and relax

— awareness of their strengths and weaknesses, accepting and believing in yourself

— understanding and ability to manage their feelings

familiarity and control over their impulsivity

— mechanisms of concentration, chosen for the type of character

— ability to allocate time carefully chosen method to type of character

Movement – anchor of thought and successful teaching

Motor development of the child is one of the most interesting and yet, not developed a science of phenomena. Teachers and parents all know more and more about the peculiarities of mental processes (perception, attention, memory, thinking) and behaviour of the child. However, they know very little about the role that motor development plays in the overall mental development of the child.

Research in the field of motor and intellectual development indicate that the movement is an integral part of the learning process. Movement awakens and activates many mental abilities.

To "anchor" the idea to move. People can think sitting still, but in order to secure a thought in the mind, it is necessary to perform an action, for example, to pronounce the words. The training today is rarely accompanied by movement.

There are children and adults who are not able to comprehend the material without movement.

The features of the body

The child with ADHD often clenched jaw and hands. The work of the eye muscles disharmonious: the lateral muscles, eye breeders, experiencing a greater voltage (the eye is excessively out of focus), and the adductor muscles are overly relaxed. This leads to a reduction in the ability to focus and at the same time, dispersal opportunities, and so extremely difficult to focus. Often, the body tilted forward, which leads to muscle tension and breath holding increases the need to "fight for your life".

Children with ADHD usually see in General, not noticing the details, they are more coordinated in the work of gross motor skills and is weak in work of fine motor skills.

What can help?

— Special exercises for eyes

— Blindfold scarf and give your eyes a rest

Massage

— Special exercises

— Breathing techniques

— Exercises to develop fine motor skills

The peculiarity of the perception of information

Three modifier of behavior, which are able to provide the "return of attention" is encouragement, reminders, amplifiers sensations.

These children and adults have the ability to "hyperpressure" attention, they get distracted by trivia.

These children and adults usually rich in energy reserves and their main task is to learn to use this energy for peaceful purposes and turn it into constructive behavior.

Narrow focus on insignificant and brief operating targets, distraction to insignificant stimuli, high emotional involvement, and the absence of "multiple elections" gives the child the ability to calculate the consequences of their actions.

Is it possible to achieve results without ritalin?

Understanding and working with these processes, you can achieve remarkable results.

When I was little no one knew about ADHD and it was important for me to achieve good results, without my noticing, I mentally created a briefcase in which were kept the different methods and techniques which allow to maximize the use of my abilities, and switching of attention.

Educated bodily therapist, I learned to fill the schoolbags of other adults and children.

Irina Spivak — body therapist

Source: /users/104

Tags

See also

New and interesting