Happiness is a choice

92-year-old man, retaining the grace and dignity every day by 8 a.m., neatly dressed, shaved and combed, despite the total blindness. Wife, has lived with him for 70 years, died recently, which necessitated the move to the pension for the elderly. After hours of waiting in the lobby of the guest house, the old man smiled genuinely when he heard that his room is ready.

As we walked to the Elevator, I began to describe to him the room with the curtains on the Windows. "I like it!", β€” said the old man with the enthusiasm of 8-year-old boy who was presented with a puppy. "But you haven't seen the room! Wait!"

"It doesn't matter!", he said in response. "Happiness is something you choose in advance. I like the room or not, depends on how you arranged the furniture.
It's my choice. I decided to love her. It's a decision I make every morning. I can spend all day in bed, complaining about the limited possibilities of my body. Or you can stand up and give thanks for the opportunities that I have!

Every day is a gift and while I'm alive, I'm going to focus on the good things that brings me a new day, and the happy memories that I have accumulated to date.

Old age is like a Bank account – get what you invested. So gather a little more happiness in the Bank of memories. Thank you for your contribution to my account. I continue to accumulate!... Live simply. Give more. Expect less".

Source: www.ecology.md

Tags

See also

New and interesting