Yesterday in the subway, in the car, heard a familiar zablocki: "Help me, stole from me, give the money to..." — here I stopped to listen. Only saw from the window of the car, who complained. It was a woman over 50, well-dressed, she looked like a professional beggar-a Gypsy, which many divorced. An elderly lady sat on a bench, closed my face with his hand and cried.
Honestly, it was very a pity to jump out of the car I did not have time, but recalled a recent situation: me too, not so long ago robbed. Pulled out of the backpack purse and keys, left hungry and without money for a few hours to wait outside until you bring the spare key. That lady in the subway was obviously much worse, but my experiences were quite sharp and negative. However, the lady seemed confused and didn't know what to do – I had spirit pretty quickly, to shoot at the unfamiliar passers-by the money on the bus and drove home from IKEA, where I, in fact, deprived of the purse. On the way, I also complained to all my friends on the phone and they have given me moral support. Fast to respond, helped me experience friendship with hippies and hitchhiking trips (once, in my youth).
In General, I want to share lifehacks what to do to reduce the likelihood of robbery is minimised and what to do if you have been robbed.
1. Money and valuables remove on the principle of "to put away – closer you get". The inside pockets in the lower layers, that is, so that it was possible to get, only opening his clothes. Back pocket of my jeans, the bag and the outer pockets of jackets and coats is vulnerable. It is much harder to dig out your wallet from the inner breast pocket than to cut you bag, until you are passionate about shopping, and sneak in and steal a purse from there.
2. Thieves interested mostly money and small, but expensive items (iPhones, iPods). Here is their something and your passport still clean deeper. Your books, cosmetics, combs, notepads and other stuff can be hit or miss throw in a bag, and purse and iPhone better care to hide in such a place where strangers in the crowd you can not get.
3. The lost do not return, you need to deal with the situation. The thief you can not calculate never. They look like ordinary people, dressed exactly the same as we, pretty well, face are exactly the same as that of any layman, without any trace of blemish. That is, that the cart fell something is missing; we have to think how to live without pending on purchase amount. So take yourself in hand, and as sober as possible, provisoire your resources: what has been lost what remains. Wallet? Keys? Phone? Do you remember the phone numbers of friends in memory of and who they can call? Some of them can be reached by car or you will be able to get? What resources are available to you right now — who do I contact and who can help?
4.If you stole all the money to the penny (like me), you will have to turn to a stranger for help, to at least to get home. Don't be embarrassed, it's not terribly small amount of people will easily help you. Just imagine what this seek request to you. Would you give a little bit of money would help others? Well, now you are near and will help you. Pluck up your spirits, you need to deal with the situation, and then when I get home or friends, you will be able to receive moral support.
5.How to ask for. "At first the request, then the explanation." This is an old autostoperski reception. First you need to briefly describe the request briefly and then most likely explain why you need it. For example, "need a ride to Tula, please. We are students, hitchhiking on vacation, no money, in Tula will meet with friends". Budding hitchhikers usually sin that either articulate the request without explanation (just "Drove to Moscow"), or embark on a long explanation, and why they go, stop, Yes, what difficulties they met along the way, not going directly to requests about which town to drive them. In my case, being robbed, I looked around, approached the middle-aged woman with a child, and, keeping a little distance, asked 35 RUB on the bus because I was robbed. With a smile she gave me 50 rubles and I rode to the bus stop.
6.Most often, it will be people like you (clothes, manners), that is, from one social stratum. Pretty girls are very good at asking for money (and generally ask for any favors) in men Professional interviewers at the public opinion polls, by contrast, are instructed to select respondents on the street to your taste, and scan all in a row – because of the fact that a person instinctively tries to ask a question to someone who is similar to him and seems more reliable. So, in this case your intuition and sense of "similarity" should work for you.
7. The explanation should be brief and plausible (maybe not 100% true, but very realistic and similar to the truth). But the explanation must necessarily be present!
Social psychologist Ellen Langer from Harvard University once conducted an experiment: the experimenter approached the visitors of the library, standing in line for the copy machine and asked: "Excuse me, I have five pages. May I use the photocopier because I'm in a hurry?" In 94% of cases those asked, allowed the experimenter to cut the line. When the request was made without explanation, in this form: "Excuse me, I have five pages. May I use the photocopier queue?" — agreed to only 60%. But when the same information "Packed" in the form of "request for explanation" (with the key conjunction "because"), the number of missed queue again rose. In this experiment, Langer asked: "Excuse me, I have five pages. May I use the Xerox, because I have to make some copies?", and 93% of the respondents have again missed her.
That is: first the request, then an explanation; a brief, believable and so that it looked "explaining"
8.When you come up with a request to a stranger, populatedebugdata safe/ no matter what your shredded after the robbery feelings, do not make sudden movements, stand a little distance away, and not come close, and keep your hands in plain sight. Your "donor-dingotel" makes a decision right now, and the nuances of behavior can turn him against you. Again, see the previous point: if you really are nervous, and explain — excuse me, I worried and worried, because to me it doesn't happen every day. This will clarify the situation for the interviewee and make him trust you.
9. And remember: the law of large numbers works for you. No matter how you look, there are people who will help you. The hitchhiker says: "About a third of motorists do not ride never, do anything, at least as beg; the third brings up always; and one third when like, if you like". That is, if you got rejected, you just have to man up, remember these tips and come ask for help again, someone else.
Take care of yourself and help people in trouble, please. A good deed will return to you a hundredfold.
Author: Elizabeth Pavlova