Irish soda bread with rosemary and cranberries

Nothing beats a thick slice of Irish soda bread, buttered. Let's try to make this bread at home.Roll up sleeves and full speed ahead!

The recipe of Irish soda bread with rosemary and cranberries

To prepare this bread you will need

• 450 grams of flour,
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 100 grams of dry cranberries
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 4 fresh rosemary sprigs,
  • 360 ml of milk
  • 2 tablespoons of Apple cider vinegar.
This recipe requires buttermilk, but since I don't have it, I would like to eat now. For this you need to take 360 ml of milk and pour in two tablespoons of Apple cider vinegar. Milk is now curtailed, and we would get buttermilk. Then you need to clean sprigs of rosemary and finely chop them.

Let's proseem the flour into a bowl, so it was more airy, add the baking soda, and it will proseem. Then add a teaspoon of salt. Now I mix the flour with salt and soda and add cranberries and rosemary. All of this should mix well.

Then you need to make in a bowl, deepening and pour in the buttermilk. Don't need very long time to mix, otherwise the bread will be very dense. If you see that it is too liquid, add a little flour. Once you stir the flour with the buttermilk, the dough can hybrids a little on the table, sprinkled with flour.

Irish soda bread is baked very easy

Now I give it its shape with a diameter of about 15 inches and spread on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. I will make test on cross-cut and put it in the oven to bake at 220 degrees for 15 minutes.

Thereafter, the temperature should be reduced to 200 degrees and bake another 20-25 minutes. Keep in mind, if when tapped the crust of the loaf you hear a hollow sound means the loaf is fully cooked.

Ireland is a small country where almost every family has at least one relative of a farmer. And thus maintain a close relationship with the village kitchen. Irish holiday table will be a place home to the loaf.

Another recipe of Irish soda bread (Video)

Recipe:

• flour – 400-430 g
  • soda – 1 teaspoon
  • or 1.5 teaspoon of baking powder
  • salt – 1 teaspoon
  • butter – 25 g
  • buttermilk – 300 ml
  • or 300 ml of milk + 2 teaspoons lemon juice or vinegar. published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: irelandru.com/irish-soda-bread/

Tags

See also

New and interesting