Thermoelectric Peltier with their hands

We will focus on theprogenitors on Peltier elements.

The Peltier elements is such a small (usually 4x4 cm.) contraption consisting of ceramic plates and rivet between them, through which by heating one side and cooling the other – produced electricity. Or on the contrary, feeding current, the heated one side and cooled the other. This property of Peltier elements are used in the manufacture of portable refrigerators, but I'm primarily more interested in the generating capacity of these devices.

Indeed, very convenient. Heat one side of the element, cool the other and is getting sufficient current and voltage for charging, for example, a cellular or other electronic devices. And I do with electricity strained, often not the case, so such a thing I vital. No, of course, partially, the shortage of electricity can resolve the solar panels. It is at this stage, I do believe one of the best sources of alternative energy. So I also have a solar battery (which will explain later), a small, but sufficient for me power. Issues she's somewhere around 1 – 1.5 amps at a voltage of from 5 to 15 volts.

But the sun is not always available, so time was needed. And out of civilization it is necessary, as well as preppers, I think such things are interested in.

To create a thermoelectric will not be suitable for all sorts of Peltier elements, but only those that hold a temperature of 300-400 degrees. Of course, you can make a generator out of the ordinary items, those that are used in refrigerators, but only as an experiment. For, as soon overheat and the element will fail. Buy high temperature elements can be from the Americans or the Chinese.
You can purchase items and compatriots, but really quite a fabulous price, and it is not our way.

So my thermal generator heats up the oil (on a regular, very cheap, sunflower oil) burner.

That is placed in such a collapsible design, consisting of tin cans, torch height controller and the Peltier element.

The stove itself also consists of banks and coal wick.

To make a wick for instructional videos.

Personally, I make these wicks from coals from the fire advanced, residents of big cities can just buy charcoal at the store. Such a burner and in itself good, can be used as the light source instead of candles. Oil her work out a little, especially not chadit, can burn for days.

Here is the Peltier element, it is placed on top of the radiator from cooling of computer processor, with fan.

This level control of the fire burner. I made it from the murdered CD game. It can be made out of anything, but the fantasy worked.

The Peltier element (in this embodiment, the two or three elements on each other, all greased with thermal compound) I got sandwiched between a cooling radiator and a heating radiator.

The space around the element I filled the tires (on the heels of unnecessary shoes) and glued all this car termoermetic.

Fan for cooling made of the 3 volt motor from the same faulty CD home and regular blades of the fan from a computer cooler. The engine and fan docked with Chinese superglue and diskoduratera from the same CD game. The result is a cooling fan, which starts from one and a half volts and eats very little current.

For radiator heating took the radiator cooler from the old processor.

A voltage of about 6-8 volts, I goes to the Converter where it is reduced to the desired five volt devices.

About this Converter I wrote. http://tutankanara.livejournal.com/410005.html

Here is the generator Assembly. Kat soon (within a minute or two) the generated voltage reaches a volt starts to spin the cooling fan and the cold side element starts to cool down. The working mode of thermoelectric generation comes out in a few minutes. From here, you can feed the led lights and to charge your electronic devices. My alternator gives about 400 milliamps of current at 5 volts voltage. The strength of the current depends on the applied element. If possible, put the items better.

Also, this device, if you remove the generator part can be used as a normal burner for boiling water. I usually fill half the jar and boil it for 10-15 minutes. published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! © Join us at Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: tutankanara.livejournal.com/420783.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting