Effect Ringelmana invincible!

In 1927, a series of very interesting experiments, the result of which is not often remembered. And for good reason. The results of these experiments were in psychology called "effect Ringelmana»

. The experiments were as follows. They took ordinary people and asked them to lift weights. For everyone - fixed the maximum weight that he "pulled". Then people in the combined group, first - two, then - four, eight

The expectations were clear: if one person can lift - conditionally - 100 kg, the two must work together to raise or 200, or - even more. After all, the mythical idea of ​​what teamwork can achieve more that the result exceeds the sum of the individual results of the group, already existed. And still exists and is actively maintained.

But - alas! Two people raised only 93% of the sum of their individual effects. And eight -. Has a 49%

We check the results on other tasks. For example - in the tug of war. And again - the same result. Increase the number of groups - the percentage only fell

. The reason - is clear. When I'm counting on itself, I made every effort. A group can also save power: no one there would not notice, as in the story of villagers who decide to holiday pour yourself a vodka barrel. With each yard - a bucket. When the spill was discovered that the barrel is full of pure water: each brought a bucket of water, hoping that in the total mass of vodka his cunning will not be seen

. What does the passive? And despite the fact that when I act, I perforce their efforts to remember and fix for itself. In the future, I put just as much or even less. Forming a passive attitude, which is involved in along with other self.

Accordingly - in the case of social passivity, we can say that we understand its origins and the fact that it leads in the end to fall to zero results. Not once - inertia is a great thing. But -. Yet

We must say at once: no social technologies is not possible to overcome the effect of Ringelmana. You can obchitatsya spells of "teamwork guru", but the larger the group, the more passivity tend to show a person.

Tags

See also

New and interesting