Yevgeny Leonov Letter to his son

"Andrew, do you love me as I love you. You know, this is a wealth of - love. However, some believe that my love some not so and from it, they say, only harm. And maybe, in fact, I prevented my love for you to be exemplary in high school? After all, I never did not whipped you for all nine school years.
Remember, you are building faces the blackboard, class laughed, and then the teacher scolded me for a long time. Type I was thrice guilty, as if I'm standing in the corner, and she scolds me as a boy. I'm ready for any humiliation, but it all is not enough: "After the lesson torn ... - because we do not fully forty-five minutes ... - because he knows nothing and others to learn not to give ... - because you'll have to him from the school to pick up ... - because words do not act on it ... »

Propotel shirt, jacket and loafers, and she was not appeased. Well, I think today will give a slap, all! With these thoughts I cross the schoolyard, and go out on the Komsomol prospectus. From the excitement I can not take any taxi or a bus, or go by foot ...

Woman drags a heavy bag, baby crying, seeing me, smiling, back can hear the mother says, "That's Winnie the Pooh laughs at you ..." A stranger greets me ... The autumn wind blows me. I went to the house with the feeling that took the blow, and it is fine. I went into the house, completely forgetting about the slap, and see you, ask, "What are you building for faces that everybody liked, show me a minute." And we're laughing.

And so on to the next call. The mother does not go to school. And I lie and think: if only night was summoned to shoot in another city or rehearsal would not let go ... But Wanda morning crying, and I cancel the flight, time off from rehearsals, I run to school to take their position in the corner
<. br> Which just little things worthy of our feelings ...
Why I am writing this letter to correct something wrong, and look, perhaps, ridiculous and absurd, like some of my characters. But that's me! In fact, darling, there's nothing easier to live anxiety a father's heart.
When I'm alone, away from home, yearning, I remember every word you say and every question, I want to talk to you endlessly, it seems, life is not enough to talk about everything. But you know that the most important thing I realized after the death of his mother, our grandmother. Oh, Andrew, is there a man in your life to whom you are not afraid to be a little, silly, unarmed, in all the nakedness of his revelation? This person is your protection.
And I'll be home soon.

Tags

See also

New and interesting