"Striped flight"

In 1961, the Soviet Union removed the comedy, which is still loved by millions of viewers. "Striped flight" overgrown conflicting legends. For example, say that Yevgeny Leonov in the bath next to the tiger shot behind bulletproof glass. Glass did not use. Although withdraw episode was very difficult. Leonov was afraid of tigers, it took some time to persuade him to act ... "Striped flight" took the box office in 1961 1st place - it looked 32.34 million viewers. After 12 years of this festival in Calcutta film took the top prize. A lot of actors reading the script "Striped flight" from the screen tests refused. Even the samples were not traditional. They attended the Commission on the protection of life and health of the artist.

In addition to the contract signed artists a special commitment, developed by the commission and instructs how to behave in order to security. Was there such a point: "If the cabin suddenly go down and the tiger, let take your foot in the fall, in any case do not need to be pulled out, because the tiger may think that playing with it, and compress the jaw; you just casually, but much to shove his fist in the face, it will be interesting, and he leaves ».

Courage was needed not only for shooting but also to withstand the management comments. Censors have indicated: a Soviet captain, member of the party can not be cowardly to come out of the window cutting, even when it comes to a real tiger. So I had to get out maverick Smirnov.
Probably everyone remembers the episode, when the Tigers jump from the ship into the water and swim towards the beach ... A small creek fenced off by a fence to go far into the sea, so that the tiger was only one way - to the beach.

For additional protection summoned five police presence. Decided to shoot early in the morning, when at the seaside are no tourists, but anyway, there were a lot of onlookers. First sailed Lloyd, the most talented actress striped.
At some point, one of the fastidious tigress jumped over the fence and was on the present, the most popular beach in Odessa - Arcadia. Among the guests started to panic. Many viewers as if the wind blew, led by the police. Beach immediately emptied.

The situation was saved by a simple illuminator Tonya Ivanova. She ran toward the beast and hit him on the nose canvas mitt. He turned back in surprise. Directed trainer Constantine Constantine kissed Antoninus and expressed her gratitude for the courage and resourcefulness.
Needed for the filming of "Striped flight" courage and very young artists - not to get lost in the company MAT bison, circus and comedy stars. But they remembered - and Alisa Freundlich in a tiny role barmaid, and, of course, Lanovoi Vasily, who called the incident on the beach of "Striped flight" his favorite role - because there is no time to make mistakes.

Remember the episode when sunbathing Lanovoi takes Tigers for swimmers in striped bathing suits? Actor while simply resting in Odessa. He was persuaded to star in an episode - for cash, and fifty rubles - a large sum in those days.
Predators feared by all, except, of course, the trainer Margarita Nazarova. For a long time, for instance, tried to persuade Eugene Leonov. And yet around and inappropriately joked: "Jack, you are a very first tigers will eat! You're such a plump, sdobnenky. " In the end, an agreement was signed for the shooting and it.

The film played 10 circus tigers. Leo Vaska bought in Kherson zoo. I have been looking for the monkey - that was intelligent and amenable to training. As a result, found in the Kiev zoo - chimpanzee named Pirate.
In Leningrad, and the pavilion shooting carried out on "Lenfilm", he was taken by plane. And no one - with the bride, with Chilitoy. What was it then, the two and a half to about three - time for love! Pirate without it could not. So familiar actor playing an actor First Lieutenant Ivan Dmitriev had with both of them.

Pirate seemingly accepted human right, I have been a friendship. But Chilita looked evil and even bitten. But during filming, she always had to be present in the pavilion on the site. Stela rag in the corner, bought her a box of marshmallow - she loved him very much. And I watched as the beloved works ...

Pirate twenty minutes to work, and his eyebrows, "house" - is missing, then. He certainly had to make sure she was there. Chilitu fail him, he did so pat, pat, kiss to her, and then hit on lightly, they say, do not bother me - I work. Pirate was an extraordinary partner. He did all that was required and as he showed.

Every morning, Ivan Dmitriev prepared him gruel, taught eat with a spoon. Even after seven days to eight pirate was ready to go. Pavilions shooting held just a few days and so saved a large sum.

There is a legend that started it all "cinematic journey striped" due to random replica of Nikita Khrushchev, the then Soviet leader.
In 1960, in Moscow for a goodwill visit to the Emperor of Ethiopia. First Secretary of the CPSU Central Committee Nikita Khrushchev took the honored guest at the presentation of the circus Nazarova. After the speech trainer brought in the government box cubs.
Khrushchev saw the kids, and was touched by showing Nazarov told His Majesty that only live in the Soviet Union such heroic women, but a film about Margarita Petrovna not. Helpers Khrushchev interpreted these words as a command to action and immediately began to fuss.

Nobody, of course, would have thought that the Tigers will be in the sea. Communication animal and marine theme provided writer Victor Kopecky, who knew firsthand the sea and said that when something similar happened adventure with two polar bears on a seagoing vessel.
They caught on Wrangel Island and sent to Murmansk. When the port was less than half way, animals have escaped from the cells. They smashed everything on the ship that came under his paw. Mariners took an hour to settle down fugitives.

The vessel, which unfolded in a scenario conceived striped mess, very poetically called - "Eugene Onegin". But first, the whole beastly team settled on an old rusty wreck with much more prosaic name - "The sailor Zheleznyakov" where rehearsals were held. Tigers, lion, monkey, and the actors know each other.

Later, once the power and whimsical passengers came on board the ship "Fryazino" life there flowed quite differently.
The ship's crew suddenly learned that from now on, though not forever, they called the ship "Eugene Onegin" and it is not in their native waters, and far from home, off the coast of Ceylon. Seafarers - people with imagination and quickly believed in "given circumstances", the more that all these transformations offered them the cinema.

So the team "Fryazino" from moviegoers turned into movie stars, and ship them - in the shooting area, where the director of the studio "Lenfilm" B. Fetin filming the comedy "Striped flight" scenario A to B. Culler Koneckogo.
As soon as "Fryaeino" settled striped "passengers" in the dining room of the ship there was an announcement:
"The attention of all on board!
For security purposes, prior to release of tigers from the cells for one minute will be fed a series of ring signals loud battle: one long, three short. At this signal all must be in the cabins behind closed doors and portholes zadraennyh to the last post. Last post: three long bell is given after all the animals are herded into cells ».

Of course, it was not the only precaution. Each shooting Inspector Safety has always been a lot of trouble.
Worry had about the safety of people and the safety of the animals. Unlike other paintings in which predators were shot in the "Striped flight" work with animals was a completely different method. If the "Don Quixote", "Tiger Tamer", "dangerous path" of animals forced to perform certain tasks, using their conditioned reflexes, the new comedy they provide freedom of action.

Western filmmakers film struck by the fact that tricks with tigers authentic, without installation and "forgery". One US critic said about the merit of those who were able to teach the tiger to "play" at the Stanislavsky system. Tigers in a comedy - is an incredible fact, he argued.
In one of the episodes of "Striped flight" Yevgeny Leonov put in a cage and asked teasing tigers. But predators on the actor did not respond. Then the trainers have given up a pig and Evgeny Pavlovich was asked by a pink baby institute tigers generations for this pig with a fork.

Evgeny Pavlovich told the following.
I was approached by the director, the operator and said:
 - Do not worry, we have come up with a very funny episode. Put you in a cage, releasing tigers and see what happens.
I say:
 - No I do not agree. I have a family, a little boy, I am against.
I am, of course, was persuaded, as I agreed to do this movie. All hid themselves. Director-brave brave - he climbed the mast, and from there everything is visible - it is easier to manage. The operator hid in an iron box, I put the camera.

They put me in a cage of tigers released. The Tigers came up, sniffed and went on deck to inspect. Tigers do not rush - comedy does not work.
The director yells:
 - Trainer why your animals do not rush to the artist?
 - They sniff him - said, and he pushes me into the cell of a living pig and whispers:
 - Take the plug generations suckling pig, and the Tigers do not react to it. I say:
 - You have to, and if you are, I have another profession.
But what happened on the deck a minute, when the Tigers smelled a pig! They scratched him through the bars, pig squeals Tigers this more svirepeyut. I scream, pig cuddle. A pig quite mad with fear, began to throw at me.

Tigers roar, pig squeals, I shout:
 - Animal trainer, shoot, not all will eat together with the deck.
Tamer shot into the air, but the tigress Calma from all this screeching roar and threw herself into the sea ... an hour to rescue her, and saved, of course ...
Getting started, the director joked: "We'll try to make fun interesting movie if we stay alive ...". The actors had to work literally side by side with the Tigers, and some tricks are not only complex, but also unsafe.

When Alexei Smirnov rehearsed trick where he holds the tail of a tiger, it is a month in the evening hours on the two sat near the cage, talking to a tiger Pourchot. It was the favorite tiger tamer and actress Margarita Nazarova.
It Pourchot played in a scene where the hero Yevgeny Leonov takes a bath. Michael Stopkin in charge of safety, was strongly against this trick. So I had to go to the trick.
He was attracted to the beautiful lighters. Actor and trainer Constantine Constantine decided to take advantage of his weakness. Specially lit another cigarette lighter in front of him. Mikhail Mikhailovich, of course, could not resist:
 - Kostya, where you got a lighter?
 - Yes, that's bought at a kiosk - meets Constantine.
 - Give it to me.
 - No, you know, Misha, the lighter I myself like. I'd better explain to you how to get to the shop. Go and buy one himself. There's still a lot of different lighters.
Rid of Mikhail Mikhailovich, we filmed the scene. Long laughed, when Leonov naked jumped out of the bath. In the evening, when viewed captured the day, Michael Stopkin, of course, was indignant: "And when it took off?". But it has already been done.
The scene in the script was not. She came up with director Vladimir Fetin. Leonov refused to approach the giant, albeit manual predator, how was the famous Pourchot. No arrangements have not helped here. And only after that specially manufactured armored glass, which was separated from the beast Leonov, the actor finally agreed, but the truth, then strongly regretted it.

On Leonov bathing-issued Shuleikin expensive French shampoo. Grief-tamer, singing, happy soaped them. Dense foam is completely covered his head, and the actor could not see anything. That's when the director-trainer Constantine Constantine removed the glass, and let team Nazarova Pourchot.
He ran to the bathroom and began noisily sniff washable Leonov, then poked it with his whiskered face into his shoulder and sneezed loudly. Evgeny Pavlovich, heard the noise and asked the director saying that I have - not in the frame ?! And when he rubbed his eyes, he saw the tiger in front of him. The actor immediately went under water. Pourchot tried to get his paw. Leonov jumped out of the bath and ran stark naked to the door. Within a few seconds, breaking the hundred meters, he was in the wheelhouse.

Thank God, a partner in the episode was filmed bred Pourchot. He was not chased Evgeny Pavlovich, and returned into the shower and began to take water treatment - was 40-degree heat. Any other tiger in such cases would be pursued man and killed him. The scene then had to negotiate with the Minister of Culture of the USSR Yekaterina Furtsevoy. She said: "I am - not a prude».
A Leonov later moving away from the shock and resentment at the Konstantinovsky Fetin and said: "Well, you guys, and give!" The Soviet cinema it was the first male striptease. Himself Evgeny Pavlovich repeatedly talked about this episode in the creative evenings.

"Striped flight" was remembered to spectators and a constellation of brilliant supporting roles. For example, the role played XO People's Artist of the USSR Ivan Dmitriev, the idol of 50-60s. Vest Chief Mate country first put on long before the filming of "Striped flight».
Throughout the war, the young actor of the theater of the Baltic Fleet appeared in front of her soldiers. Ever since Ivan Petrovich and developed a habit to wear a uniform like a real sailor.

With ten tiger tamer Margarita Nazarova during filming nothing bad happened. Although the actors are spoiled nerves. Amazingly, the actress, whose photos adorn posters all over the place, just starred in three films, in spite of acting talent and love of the audience.
Margarita Nazarova was understudy shy star in the film "The case in the forest", "Tiger Tamer" and "Tigrolovy." Shortly after the "Striped flight", she received an offer to star in the film "Today, a new attraction." But it has been planned tour of Australia. Cancel them she did not.

Margarita Nazarova was born in Leningrad in the family of a forester. During the war, 15-year-old girl Germans sent to work in Germany. She was a servant in a wealthy house. The school Margarita learned German, so more or less able to deal with the Germans.

One owner said the maid that she is very flexible, very good moves, so he will try to define it in the theater. Soon I did. Margarita Nazarova life began the night dancers. The liberation came with the Soviet soldiers. Son Alex walked in the footsteps of his mother, he tigers are trained in France. Tamer was the granddaughter Rita Margarita Petrovna.

--img24--

Source: www.softmixer.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting