Why am I doing

One of the rather useful practices - Definition of target behavior (intention) and search for other options to achieve this goal. This allows you to be more flexible and at the same time to understand yourself. But first, a little recall that such an intention.

Technique, "Why am I doing this»

Briefly about the intention

Behind every behavior is a positive intention.

Criteria for positive intention

This is the goal - that is what people want to achieve. It answers the question: "What do you want?»

. This is an internal goal - that is for the internal assessment of the human condition or

. The intention for the person always positive - that is, the person considers this goal as a positive and useful for yourself

. What is my intention

To find out the intent behind some kind of behavior, you can ask questions:
 - Why do you need
?  - What do you give it
?  - What do you get from this
?  - Why are you doing this
?  - What's the point

Instrumental and terminal values ​​

Intention - the need to meet some value

. Values ​​can be divided on the value of the target (terminal, of course) and value-tools (tool). Instrumental values ​​are used to achieve the end-value (make sense), and terminal values ​​are important in themselves.

Signs of terminal value

Man can not find the answer to the question:
 - Why do you need
?  - What it means for you
? etc.

He congruently confirms that this value is "important in itself».
Technique, "Why am I doing this»

About intention more.

And now, in fact, technology. This technique is a general plan - it can be done not only when "life took," but just as an exercise for the mind or for improving an acceptable condition to even more acceptable

. In steps

1. Context and behavior

Select some behavior that you want to work. It may be something in the statement "I do" and "I do not", "I do not do sports," "I'm sitting at the computer until midnight," "I'm a lot in social networks," etc. < br>
More usefully take the behaviors that you are not entirely satisfied. But to work with quite acceptable options can also be quite helpful.

2. Identify the terminal value

Find a terminal value, which satisfies this way. To do this, ask a question:

- Why do I need it
?  - What do I give it
?  - What do I get from this
?  - Why am I doing this
?  - What's the point

until then, until you find a value that is important in itself.

3. Find three more ways to meet this value

And now the creative process: find a few ways on how you can this very terminal value meet. At least three options.

Make it so convenient:

a) Make up (or modify) behavior, which would have arranged for the realization of the value of your terminal in this situation.

b) Provide the part (dissociated), how it will look and hear. Do you like what you see and hear? Did you reach your goal? If not, go back to step a).

c) Step into the picture and live inside the situation (associated). Do you Triples how it felt inside? If not, step a).

d) Environmental test: Do not hurt you this new version of the behavior? If you can hurt - and step)

. 4. Embedding

Several times mentally Lose situation (which is selected in step 1) using new behaviors.

Tags

See also

New and interesting