The man made himself a posh house in Cave, Age 250 million years

Each of us at least once dreamed of, at least temporarily escape from civilization and modern life. "Caveman" Angelo Mastropetro made this dream a reality! He lived in a cave, which is 250 million years old, in Worcestershire - and now on the facilities available in stock, it does not distinguish from a city apartment. The man spent is about 160 000 pounds, and about 1,000 hours of his life, but still was able to bring comfort into the wild.

The former head of the Australian recruitment company decided to leave the old life and the nervous "go underground" in Worcestershire.

He spent on it about 160 000 pounds after in 2007 he was diagnosed with "multiple sclerosis". For some time he was killed, and crushed, but then said to myself: "I want to live in a place where I will have a healthier and happier life».

The father of two children shoveled 80 tons of stone before he was able to make the dream a reality

He claims that his diagnosis was for him "a catalyst to remind him that it is time to respect their health and way of life».
A native of Worcester first heard about this cave back in 1999. The cave, which for 300 years was used as a dwelling, was abandoned in the 1940s.

Angelo bought the cave - the oldest rock shelter, surviving in Europe until the 20th century - for 62 thousand pounds. With a budget of 100 000 pounds, working independently, he soon turned it into a cozy apartment. Only work on the interior doors took him 11 days ...

There Angelo asleep. This is probably the most quiet bedroom in the world!

Luxury living in the house peschere.

Walls in the house Angelo - white tsveta.

In this photo Mr. Mastropetro sitting in the bath, which had to be converted into a shower - Angelo realized that he would not be able to heat enough water to fill it.

Low walls and arches decorations made of pebbles, give a unique view of the shower and heated towel rail Heated making it comfortable.

Mr. Mastropetro independently designed and built the kitchen, found a cave when hiding there with friends from the rain while cycling.

Walls and contours of the house still remind us that once there was a cave, although housing and is decorated with modern materials.

Water enters the house Angelo of his own well, 80 m deep. For the manufacture of shells used organic materials - wood and stone.

Mastropetro did not need a permit for the construction and layout, so his fantasy unfolded in all its glory. The ambitious project of Angelo shown on British television, and it really captured the imagination of viewers.

"I like such challenges," - says Angelo. - "My name means" master stones ", so probably this is my calling. Without a shadow of a doubt I can say that I did it with the same passion as before power invested in the company. I am proud and happy. It was a really creative problem ».

Through the huge glass windows in the house constantly receives light. On the huge terrace you can enjoy views of vines on the walls of the house.

The main distinguishing features of the house - a huge terrace, cozy secluded room, and light-colored walls. And in this picture you see the upper part of the chimney.

The cave is formed in a block of sandstone in the area, which probably inspired by Professor Tolkien on what to come up with the world of Middle-earth.

\ Angelo Mastropetro he invested in your new home extensive physical labor, which, among other things, contributed to the improvement of his health.

Wanting to live in seclusion and tranquility, Angelo, however, has not given up on any electricity or running water on, or even the Internet. However, as he says, "with all the comfort of housing, it retains a certain charm of the cave».

: Fishki.net

Loading ... Loading ... Loading ...
Liked? Share with your friends!
Loading ... Loading ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting