The parable of "The slave of my slave."

There is one interesting story that happened to Alexander the Great. When he came to India, he realized that the Indians - brave, courageous people. He even made friends with some of them.

When he had decided to return home, he realized that his people were asked to bring Indian yoga ... They have heard about Yoga and wanted to see some of them, meet with them, talk and get his blessing. Alexander heard that yoga live in the forests.

In search of some of the yogis he went into the woods. Finally, he saw one of them sitting under a tree in deep meditation. He waited patiently until the yogi opened his eyes. Yoga eyes radiated a mysterious, mystical light.

With a sense of awe, Alexander asked Yoga accompany him to Greece, saying: "I'll give you everything you whatever you asked for. But, I beg you, come with me. My people are eager to see you! »

Yogi replied calmly: "I do not need anything, I'm happy here and now!»

No one had not rejected the request of Alexander. It brought him out of himself. He was in a rage. Drew his sword, he cried out: "Do you know who is talking to you? I - the great king Alexander. If you do not listen to me, I'll kill you, cut into pieces! »

Yogi replied calmly: "You can not kill me! You can kill only my body. The body - this is only the clothes that I wear. I myself - not the body. I myself am in it ».

"You say that you - the king," - continued the yogi. "Can I tell you who you are? You - a slave of my slave! »

Stunned, Alexander asked, "How can I be a slave to your servant?»

In a voice filled with compassion, Yogi explained: "I mastered his anger. Anger - my slave. But, look, it is easy to run into anger you. You - the slave of anger, and, therefore, you - the servant of my slave. »

Tags

See also

New and interesting