MENA Cristal Awards 2008. All the winners of the festival only Arab advertising

Arab Festival of advertising - an unusual phenomenon are rare and the more eye-catching.

These festivals include Loerie Awards, passing the summer in South Africa, but only partly, because basically there are presented the participants from South Africa, and the Arab countries East and North Africa at the Loerie quantitatively not significant.

Quite another matter MENA Cristal Awards, a special unit of the French Méribel Ad Festival.

MENA known abbreviation stands for «Middle East North Africa» and clearly indicates the geographical and religious affiliation of the festival. Religion in this case is of particular importance, as imposes a significant imprint on the nature of creativity in these countries.

MENA Cristal Awards separated from the "mother" of the festival recently - awarding ceremony was held in Lebanon for just the third time. Although the more experienced European advertisers continue to provide assistance to their counterparts in the East, they believe that it is by and large is not necessary, as the festival got to his feet and can exist independently. But the interest of all the advertising world to what is happening there is that does not change, rather the contrary.

Jury MENA Cristal, traditionally Meribel, consisting not only of creatives and advertising managers, and representatives of the client, led this year's Olivier Altmann, chairman Publicis Worldwide:

"When I was invited to be here by the President of the jury, my first reaction was: why me? You can not claim that I have a lot of experience in advertising in the Middle East or North Africa! Or do I have reached a level of representativeness to be the "patron" events, such as Jacques Seguela. But when the festival organizers told me that the control agencies of the world agree with this stupid idea, I said to myself that it would be more than impolite if I declined the invitation. Moreover, I see as a global advertising fueled by our cultural differences. To verify this, you need to look at the campaign that despite its local conditions (or vice versa, because of them) are now traveling around the world with the help of video services. In the 80 years Diesel has a funny parody of the honesty of the African advertising. And today it is the countries of North Africa, the Middle East as well as Asia, Eastern Europe and South America, to bring our industry youth and freshness, in an industry that has been too limited and standardized "old Europe" and North America ».

In addition to Altman jury 4 more European - representatives of agencies, Spain, France, Germany and the UK. All other area represented by the title of the festival, including representatives of all customers.

Because creativity in Muslim countries in understanding the history of advertising is still very young, and the little rewards. "Crystal", symbol of the festival, were distributed to all 38 Including 6 Grand Cristal, the main award of the festival.

Another interesting difference between this festival from others, and one more proof of youthful creativity east - the lack of nominations, which appear like mushrooms in all the other European, American and global festivals. Such work at MENA Cristal Awards held both categories, and very modestly. This year, only two awards: Grand Cristal in the category of Integrated Agency received H & C Leo Burnett Beirut to work for the Head & Shoulders and Cristal in the category went to Impact Proximity Website Resource for M & Ms.

The most interesting categories - TV, Press Magazine, Press Daily and Outdoor - distributed 26 "crystals". The most mass in terms of awards expected turned out to be nominated TV - 10 crystals. Two "Press" received 6 as the underdog, "outdoor advertising" - only 4. Grand Cristals at this festival tradition is handed to one of the owners of Cristal, so all the winners of two awards.

As for geography, the awards in these categories received a listing from 6 countries. The leaders are the United Arab Emirates - have 11 crystals from Egypt and Lebanon - 5, at the Tunisian - 3 representatives of Kuwait and Morocco received awards.

Grand Cristal TV

Cristal TV

Grand Cristal Press Magazine

Cristal Press Magazine

Grand Cristal Press Daily

Cristal Press Daily

Grand Cristal Outdoor

Cristal Outdoor

via # image5881855

Tags

See also

New and interesting