Juan Cabral of Fallon. Wunderkind world of advertising

Juan Cabral (Juan Cabral), Creative Director of Fallon London, has made himself a name in the global advertising industry in all four rollers. One in 2005 and two in 2006 and 2007.Roliki the whole world knows by heart, he applauded the jury of the largest advertising festivals, and it is - is a classic advertising.
Gorilla for Cadbury, balls, paint, plasticine bunnies for Sony Bravia.
In Cabral it is not too much work, but he rarely shoots, but neatly as banal did not sound to this maxim.
Advertising genius originally from Argentina only 30 years old. That is brilliant, "balls" were invented them when he was 27.

In 20 years, he became art director at the Argentine agency Agulla & Baccetti, where did local commercials for international brands Renault, Sprite, HSBC, Coca-Cola and others.
Just three years later, in 2001 he moved to England at the request of the agency Mother. But jokers-creators claim that the move did not happen because of his work caught the imagination of Management Mother. And because in 2002 the UK soccer team won the World Cup for Argentina, and London agencies had such HR-Hochma: have a staff of Argentine. Well, just because it's so much fun. Lie, of course.
But in 2003 he was lured in Fallon. And Fallon Cabral blossomed.
Working in this agency, he made a name for shelf and stared at the Cannes Lions, D & AD pencils and other enviable awards. Colleagues called him "John the Fearless" for his constant willingness to take risks and win.

«Children in Mother i> have taught me. This agency with a very high culture - they are gently and delicately introduced me into the swing of things, and in all sorts of little things British. When I came to work for them, I tried to be not very Argentine. I would like to talk to people outside the cultural differences, I enjoyed my stay in the new country. Rules are different everywhere, but somehow I made a movie for a telecommunications company. There, she yawned. And her yawn traveled around the city, and came back to her. And Argentina, and Britain had nothing to do ». I>

«When we started work on the first roller for Bravia, in the beginning everything was very efficient. They have already been tagline «like no other», which does not seem to me very much good. But we took a benefit of the product, and it turned into «color like no other». And it allowed me to think, "OK, that may be the best celebration of color that Sony could give to people." When we were kids, we all play with balls-jumpers, and we thought, 'Let's make this game great. And we'll do something that everyone wants to see ». I>
«Before the second roll, we launched a teaser site of the rollers. I talked about this with a friend, and he said something like, "This is crazy. The fact that the brand is so confident that runs the website, which says it all to do. " Roller "paint" the same as the steps to launch a site about shooting video. "Balls" were filmed more tenderly and openly, and this movie is more aggressive and has teeth. To work with Jonathan Glazer was fantastic. We had moments when I prihodiloas trust him, because he knows what to do, and he knows it much better than me. I struggled with myself because I wanted to be as close as possible to the entire process. While working there, and so lacked: 180 crew, a lot ». I>
«When we got account Tate Britain, Tate Modern museum told us," And if you can for us to do something very special? ". The Tate Modern is always full of people, but they said they need another target group - children from 14 to 20 years. All they know about art is graffiti. They do not care art. And that is why we have invited the musicians, so they wandered through the galleries and to have chosen a work of art that will inspire them to create music. Tracks written Chemical Brothers, Graham Coxon and other groups. Discs with these compositions and players we have placed some inspired works of art. So that young people had to come to the museum to listen to new things idols. It is a pop promo! » I>

The loudest movie of the year - «Gorilla» for Cadbury's Dairy Milk Juan Cabral not only invented himself, but he took off.

Strange, strange and incomprehensible in terms of traditional advertising spot devyanostosekundny the primacy drummer actually pulled the company out of financial hole, and has significantly improved its publicity. This guide Cadbury announced at a press conference held in 2007.

A couple of years ago by Cadbury it happened much trouble - they were involved in a scandal with salmonella. In one of the factories, because of a leak in the pipe, in the products were salmonella bacteria - more than 40 people fell ill. The disease is not a pleasant one, and its consequences can be felt all my life. Then the company had to withdraw the products worth 20 million pounds. Furthermore, due to publicity sale "healthy" chocolate collapsed another 30 million. Let us add here is pretty ruffled reputation. All this, as well as the bad actions of other brands, has led to a reduction of 7000 seats out of 60, and the closure of several factories.

In spring 2007, the marketing director of the British part of the Cadbury Phil Rumbol and Creative Director of Fallon Juan Cabral came to the company's CEO Todd Stitzer with a completely delusional suggestion: put an actor in a gorilla to give him a hand drumsticks, and let him play on the drumset famous drum part Phil Collins hit from «In The Air Tonight». I had nothing to lose, and Todd Stitzer agreed.

August 31 during the finals next season of "Big Brother" on British television released video in which everything was exactly as offered creatives-revolutionaries. Except for the fact that the spot appeared at least some connection with the brand: purple background and pekshot. In the initial version, and this was not supposed to, but Stitzer insisted.

As a result, four gorillas Grand Prix at international festivals and awards (mostly gold) has nine.

Now Juan Cabral temporarily moved back to Argentina, but the work does not stop with Fallon. It's just that Juan and his wife Isabelle a month born the firstborn. Both of them are very sensitive to this point and want to he was born in their homeland, surrounded by a loving extended family.

Enjoying the work of "the world of advertising wunderkind" of different periods. (As well as the review of the work of brilliant British Fallon)

Prints while working in Mother

Prints from the distant past Argentine

via # image5336605

Tags

See also

New and interesting