How to cheat naive talent

10 receptions unscrupulous customers to pay less for their work. And ideally - to get her besplatno.K Unfortunately, people of creative professions is particularly important to be careful not to go without payment for work done. Since this work is often intangible, and the complexity is difficult to assess, especially important to negotiate the details and conditions of work.

Often the creative talents have to deal with dishonest customers. Well, when there is an agent or manager, but in most cases, have to agree on their own work, missing a lot of important details and not having much experience and insight enough.

1. "Do this job at a discount (or free), and then we will in the next order it will reimburse" No self-respecting businessman will not be giving away their work and spend time in the hope that in the future, will receive compensation for it. Well, imagine that said any plumber, you would suggest the following: "Come on, you let me install the sink for free and next time I need a sink, I will repay it." He would have laughed in your face!

2. "We never paid, and the ruble, until we see the final version of" It seems to be true, unless it is an attempt to leave a loophole to "throw" you have to pay. Virtually every professional asked to pay a deposit or pay for the work in stages, with the exception of only the smallest of projects. Once you have established a strong business relationship, you can work out with the customer any other rule of payment. But new customer has no right to demand that you pay no more than an initial meeting and perhaps some preliminary sketches!

3. "Do this for us and you know the whole world! And orders and dusting you! "Nonsense. Try to tell the plumber "Install this sink at me, see it my friend, and you will have a bunch of orders!". Our friend the plumber would reply: "You want to say that even if I do a good job, to me it should be done for free, to be noticed?" In addition, the customer then starts to show off any counter that such work is usually XXX dollars and it is such a fine businessman, got it for free! If someone calls and then only in the hope of the same unpaid work.

4. Looking at the sketches or the sketches: "Well, we're not sure if we want to work with you, but leave until their materials from us, so that I can discuss them with your partner, investor, and his wife," You can be sure that 15 minutes after you leave he will call other designers, having the ready-made sketches, and ask them about the prices. When you call back, you say that your prices are too high, so this work will deal with the studio, "Horns and Hoofs." What's so surprising that they gave a lower price? You have saved them a few hours of consultation, to pay and which they did not dare to hope! Unless you negotiate a deal, do not leave anything in the client's office.

5. "Well, we do not cancel the order, but merely postponed. Wait a little bit, we will continue through the month - another "Um, most likely - no. If there is something to this had to be done urgently, and now - no, most likely the case died. The best solution would be to issue an invoice for the performed work at the moment, and then quietly see to it that will be! Otherwise, you call two months, and it turns out that your work has long been someone else. And you know what will happen? They will not even know you ...

6. "Contract? What the hell contract! We're friends ... "Yes, friends, but until then, until something goes wrong or is not understood. And then you will become a "monster in a suit," and I turn into a "designer-jerk." Thus, the treaty - an important detail. Well, unless you do not care - you pay or not. Any self-respecting entrepreneur establishes his relationship to paper, so should you.

7. "Send me a bill after the work is published," Why wait for this period not having any relation to the case? You've done your job, right? You are an honest man, right? What if you become attached to this term? After you pass the job, and it was accepted, invoice. This phrase may be just a tactic of procrastination of payment. If the guy is waiting for the job to be printed, and you agree to make the necessary changes, then he can just forget about you and do not pay for the work on amendments.

8. "The last time we did it for XXX dollars" So what? If the last time they did a good job, if they would talk to you right now? And how many took with them the previous performer, you have nothing to do. People taking their time for too little, drop out of business (or bankrupt, or just me busy), and someone has to take their place. Let's take a fair price and stick to it.

9. "We can allocate only XXX dollars, and the point" Amazing, is not it? This guy is probably going to buy the sink knows exactly how much he will have to spend, not even looking at the product and is not like the market. It is doubtful. A certain amount of work costs a certain amount of money. If they have less money, less work to do (if you can), and thus, will still get the order. But make sure that the customer understands that you do less work, as received less money than expected. Give them less choices, do something simply, send them for any kind of work to another company.

10. "We now have financial problems. Give us your work, we get the money and pay you, "Well, of course! That's just where the money will, you can be sure that in the queue to pay your bills is in the tail. When someone reaches this state, it is recognized that there are problems, it means that things are going worse than they are trying to show. But even in the best case, are you - the bank? Unless you are competent enough to figure out whether they are true financiers? If a company has reached such a point that he can not get a loan in any bank or bank, then what is the point you extend them credit? If you play in the nobility, you will surely lose. But if you really allowed them to pull up to the last, then certainly at least require additional money for their expectation. Banks charge interest on the loan granted, you should do the same. Perhaps you are dealing with and for this reason: to get essentially an interest-free loan instead of paying interest to the bank. Do not scatter your money.

Author: Mark W. Lewis
Translation Alexander Kachanov

See also: - About the hard work of the designer

- Why the designers did not accountants?

- How do smart people make miserable ads

via www.adme.ru/articles/kak-umnye-lyudi-delayut-uboguyu-reklamu-3180/

Tags

See also

New and interesting