Oh, the comfort zone...

Many used to live on the machine. Every day is the same, the actions are performed mechanically, and often people can not even remember in detail what he did a day ago, two hours ago or two minutes ago. It comes down to the fact that man accepts everything with the same emotions: both good and bad. Not having the energy or desire to sort out their feelings about a situation or subject.

a scene from the movie "Life of PI"

People get used to such a state, as in usual clothes, and life like as quite good. Like...

Here lies the main danger, which psychologists have given the name "comfort zone", with the study of this concept special attention. Why?

Because sitting in the comfort zone the person is not developing. He was used to his routine, got used to the lifestyle and feels comfortable in all of this. He is afraid to change and afraid to peek over your fence.

Why, you ask, change something, and if everything is normal? Life goes on without bursts and changes — so that's good. And here and there.

The universe is a living system. In it everything is constantly changing and evolving. And, as part of the system that was intended to listen to her rhythms and work with it in unison.

Imagine a lake with a source. It was filled with him. The water is constantly being updated. And if the source dries up? The water in the lake begins to stagnate, dirty and steaming. That is the comfort zone visually and its consequences.

Alas, that is not developed is derived the Universe from a common evolutionary process in the boondocks "to live out their lives", these are the rules.

In the life of an ordinary citizen influence the comfort zone may not be particularly noticeable. Since the scale is small and liability is often not recognized. But in the business sitting in the comfort zone is reflected very quickly. Businessmen, even as top managers, has launched a business process which is currently on its way and it seems like everything is fine. There is such a moment, as the tendency to dig deep into the business process. Try constantly to improve something, to learn it better... in short, they are "cooked". The important thing here is not to digest and to be able during otlepitsya from the process and start a completely new, distinct from the old business process. This is the key to success!

And to understand, whether you personally in the comfort zone, you need to include awareness. She works every day.

How to get it? Very simple.

Make it a rule every day to make an audit of events and results. Ask yourself: what did I do today? What emotions did you experience? What I liked and didn't like it? Why? What I would like to improve? What I would like to do the next day for his development or for the development of my business, relationships (etc)?

Forgive yourself for what you didn't or you failed. Regret is generally the last thing is how to cook sour soup. It is important to understand that this day and did not return. BUT there's a new day! And here all of your cards. Use each day as precious time otmetanie you Universe and don't forget for awareness! If you suddenly turned off, turn it on.

Parable:

"One gentleman, travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods. And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey. He received the five talents went and traded with them and gained other five talents. Likewise with the two talents gained two more.

But he that received the one talent went and buried it in the ground and hid the silver of his Lord. For a long time the Lord of those servants, and reckoneth with them. And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord! five talents you gave me; here are the other five talents I have gained beside them.

His Lord said unto him, well done, good and faithful servant! in thou hast been faithful, over many things I will set thee; enter into the joy of thy Lord. Came also that had received two talents came and said, Lord! two talents you gave me; here are the other two talents I gained upon them. His Lord said unto him, well done, good and faithful servant! in thou hast been faithful, over many things I will set thee; enter into the joy of thy Lord.

He came and received the one talent and said, Lord! I knew thee that thou art a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gather where I have not scattered, and I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth; here's yours. Mr. him said to him: wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed: you ought therefore to give my silver with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received mine own with usury. So take the talent from him and give that hath ten talents. For everyone who has will be given, and abundance, and one will be taken away even that he has." (Matt. 25: 14-30).

Here, your awareness is working at full capacity. You've asked yourself all the necessary questions, now let us begin the planning. Better to do it in writing. Believe me, through the process of recording information in the head is structured even better, there is a clarity that really helps the planning process.

Share your plans:

• Long-term: what do I want to come? What is my purpose?
  • This is assuming that you have one global goal. If more than one, it is better to enlist the support of a coach to not get lost in the process of goal setting.
  • Prompt: what will I do tomorrow - next week - this month for its development, for business, relationships (etc)?
  • Medium-term: what I want to achieve over the six months or a year or a few years?
  • Also write the answers to the questions:
  • Why do I need it? Be honest with yourself and give a detailed, deliberately reasoned answer to this question. Answer: "I need this, because I want/ because we all got/ why not?" — do not go.
What resources do I need?

Where to get them?

Who can you help me with that?

Not shy of their desires! But to be even slightly realistic, so you do not hurt too much to fall. If you have an unrealistic goal, but I really want. Then put a more realistic sub-goals on the way to your larger goal. So, you will be able to adjust their steps.

The hardest part is to make the first move.

It is important to realize here that ALL the ACTIONS you take to exit the comfort zone should be directed at your benefit, only then you can designate what you want to achieve or improve in your life.

For example: I want to develop, changing the traits of character, to learn to do something for my own good, and this will allow me then: to grow as a Person, to advance your career, improve relationship with partner etc.

Big miss if you are in your development support choose incorrectly, wanting, for example, to begin to develop FOR another person. And he might not be the end, he can always leave you. Or open up a new direction in business, simply because it came into Vogue. But you did not really ready and there is no special desire... Examples can be many, but the important point is that in any of them, the man relies on external, on what he cannot always control, and then completely lose.

Therefore, if you decide to work on yourself, first of all answer yourself the question: what do I get, developing this quality? What I can achieve? How will it help ME in life. Be healthy selfish. It is very good. As they say in the Bible "save yourself and many around you will be saved".

The next step is overcoming fears about the new unknown. Your fear is absolutely normal reaction of the nervous system to external stimuli is unknown. Turns on the protection mechanism. Do not immediately rush into the pool with his head. Why do you have so much stress? Treat yourself with love (but don't confuse it with pity!).

Start to get out of the comfort zone gradually.

Today, for example, ask yourself: how can I diversify your day? I can do this, what else didn't? What small step can I take towards my goal? With whom I could communicate, who has not spoken, but who could help me? etc

And so gradually and gently, consciously, consistently, schematically, armed with paper and pen, common sense and optimism, start to conquer new horizons.

By the way, the man is an upright creature, he needs to grow up instead of horizontally — wide! published

Author: Daria Pantyh

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: personalpartner.ru/pozitivnoe-myshlenie/oh-uzh-eta-zona-komforta/

Tags

See also

New and interesting