"Before, the women gave birth in the field - and nothing else!"

Compare modern life can be anything: the life of an average American or life of the Stone Age. You can never compare your work.

But sometimes it seems as if the problem swarmed on all sides and a black band lasts forever. At such moments it is very useful to read this article, to pull himself together and enjoy life. But only someone who really wants to be relieved.

My supervisor says that I am a warm and caring.
Because she can not hear my oral comments to a post about female destiny, natural childbirth, and the rejection of grafts "in the village were all healthy».

Yes, earlier there was no cancer. Because it is not diagnosed. The man was dying and all.

There were no problems with allergies to vaccines. Children died of diphtheria packs and all.

There were no problems with contraception. People just given birth and children endured the cold, starved.

After the discovery of America, half of Europe died from syphilis, and half Indian - from the flu. In England during the reign of Henry, the man that Anne Boleyn, a simple flu mowed half of London.

There was no problem with strong women. Women simply do not have passports, rights, opportunities, beaten and raped - and it was not considered a problem or a crime. And no problems with orgasm was not - did not have orgasms.
And with an ectopic pregnancy and depression postrodovoy had no problems. Ectopic pregnancy (or non-viable) had only one. The woman was dying - and all. And depression in women was not. It was hard work. Those who did not die in childbirth, forty were most often with omission of the uterus - the constant hard work. Bandages was not there.

Anyone who wants beautiful dresses and balls, I recommend reading the memoirs of Catherine II. Yes, the wife of the heir to the throne, and then - Empress. There's about chicken pox, women's issues, the difficulties of everyday life, and many more have nobility. Yes, those people who possess all the benefits of the civilization. I was in the process of reading the impression that I live now is not just a luxury, but is many times more luxurious Empress.

My great-grandmother and my grandfather's first wife died in childbirth, half brothers and sisters, my father died of infections that now seem fantastic horror stories.
And it's not dull the Middle Ages and the twentieth century. Well, in general, who want thrills - you can take in a library female eighties encyclopedia and read about women's hygiene.

Yes there - a hundred years ago, my lungs would kill the clans or me or daughter. Just because they were easier thanks to medicine.

When people ask me, at which time I would like to live, the answer is - today. I do not know what will happen in the future but now I have jeans, running shoes, deodorant, my personal property, a passport, contact lens hygiene and contraception, the possibility to work and study in any country. I can get a divorce simply because they do not want to live with this person. I can drive a car. I can buy in trauma or a shocker, as well as learn how to fight, to defend themselves and their loved ones, and, yes, there is a chance that the excess of self-defense for me to jail. But not stoned and did not throw off a cliff like disgraced.

In this society we have a lot of problems, but compared to what it was, it's awesome.
And wishing to rewind just do not understand where they get.
I understand. And I know what a titanic work has been done to make at least what we have now.
And I'm happy to live here and now.

via adme.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting