Have you been to Amsterdam? If yes, then this city will never leave your heart ... And if not, then read these facts that make Amsterdam add to your list of cities that are definitely worth visiting!
1. On Dam Square - the main square of Amsterdam does not stop the movement of tourists on any given day, at any time of day. Some tourists look a little ... weird.
2. Ajax always carry a raincoat, because of the proximity of the sea is unpredictable weather in Amsterdam, and rain may begin at any time. With an umbrella on a bicycle (which is the main transportation in the city) is not particularly trains, but in a raincoat - just right.
3. April 30 Queen's Day, the whole town dresses up in royal orange.
4. Amsterdam - the city of the channels through which to throw more than 600 bridges. Most interesting - and Blauburg Maher Brug ("Skinny Bridge»).
5. The most enjoyable way to travel to Amsterdam - on a bicycle. For locals there are more than half a million "iron horses"! Tourists can rent bikes in the city center.
6. As you know, Amsterdam is below sea level and is protected by a dike. According to legend, once the sea found a small hole in the stone, which is under the pressure of the water mass could grow, and then ... bye and the dam, and a beautiful city. But this threat has noticed passing by and the boy kept his head - plugged the hole with your finger, he began to call for help. The city was saved!
7. Amsterdam - the birthplace of several world-famous beers, for example, Grolsch. This beer is brewed in the country since 1615 under an exclusive Dutch recipe. Serve it in a 250-gram glasses with a cap of foam and a half inches.
8. 55% amsterdamtsev speak three or more languages.
9. Welfare city - beer. In 1323 the governor of the Netherlands prospered port city for the convenience of import beers.
10. In the XVIII century the city council in order to reduce noise, forbidden to move around the cobbled streets in a carriage. So they had to ride in a sleigh in summer.
11. City nearly gave its name to New York. The Dutch colony of New Amsterdam was renamed New York in 1664.
12. Dutch se * with industry valued at more than $ 2,000,000. This is divided approximately equally between long and about Fargo * * titutsiey.
13. Amsterdam - one of the safest cities in Europe, but we should beware of the usual petty scams and pickpockets. The police here are also very quiet, but it is always better to have a passport (required by law, and tourists are sometimes asked to present an identity document).
14. Among the 2400 houseboats on city channels including "cat's ship" that is home to homeless animals.
15. The Netherlands Maritime Museum can see the unique exhibit - gray with a white coating a piece of leather that once belonged to Lieutenant Jan van Speyku. In 1831, when the Belgians defeated the Dutch fleet, the lieutenant refused to lower the flag. Instead, he threw his cigar into a powder magazine blew up himself and the ship and crew.
16. in Amsterdam are the most incredible museums, including on the history of lo * sa, NAR * Otik, the art of tattooing, etc. n.
17. Amsterdam is often compared to Venice, but canals and bridges is much more. The city has about 1200 bridges, more than 150 channels and about 90 islands. Amsterdam is entirely built on huge piles driven into the ground under the water.
18. Although the legalization of soft bunks * Otik, Amsterdam is one of the safest cities in Europe.
19. It is said that when the "iron horse" comes into disrepair, this amsterdamets throws it into the channel, so the bottom of the most popular channels are literally littered with bicycles.
20. Quarter coloring * * Arey's District in Amsterdam is officially called "De Wallen».
21. Amsterdam was the first city in the world, where officially allowed odnopo * s marriage - it happened in 2001.
22. Parks and nature reserves Amsterdam are over 12% of the total area of the city, but a strong urbanization has completely destroyed the natural landscape and landforms.
23. In the capital of the Netherlands is home to more than 170 nationalities!
24. Police Department, which is responsible for parking is the only armored glass, because there have been instances when irate motorists were "dissatisfied" blockers RV.
25. you could not buy an apartment in the city center. You have to buy a house or several at once.
26. Around Amsterdam there is no free parking.
27. Pros * itutki pay taxes in Amsterdam are social. package and your union.
28. In Amsterdam, there is a whole area of 18000 floating houses, which are designed for 45,000 people. Some of them are placed on special piles.
29. The Dutch love to cook mashed potatoes (eten prakken). Not only from potatoes. They mulled any products. The best example of showing love in the Dutch sauce, a traditional dish shtamppot («stamppot»). It is made from a variety of greens and vegetables. Everything is cooked, then mulled crown and sausage. Some Dutch converted into some mess even pasta and fries.
30. In the Netherlands, curtains or wide open all day, or they do not. The Dutch always want to see the outside? Try to let more light into the living room? Or just do not want to buy curtains? Whatever the reason, it is clear that the Dutch have exposed. But do not try to be viewed through the window what they were doing. It is considered very rude.