This man since 1978, the year keep all nails that otstrig

Unexplained oddities oil investorov58-year-old oil investor Richard Gibson is the owner of one of the strangest collections in the world. Over the last 36 years he has carefully collected all trim its toenails in a glass jar.

Collecting nails a very strange hobby, but Richard says he is not planning to collect them, simply leave the nails began out of curiosity, but then could not stop. One day in February 1987, Richard sostrig his toenails and, instead of throwing away, he put them in a box for manicure. Then he began to do so every time just to see how long it takes to fill the entire box. It took a bit of time - just two years, but at this point it is completely drawn into the process. So he moved his collection into a large glass jar, which adds nail clippings to this day.

"I have no idea how many nails - admitted Gibson. - The account has long been in the thousands ».

Even so, his current bank is full of only 99 percent, and Gibson said he did not know what he would do when the bank is full. "I guess I shift them somewhere else. More on nail clippers a few months there will be enough space.

I must say, the nails in the bank look remarkably long. Gibson says it's because he did not cut off regularly. "I cut the nails only when they begin to break».

Gathering such a collection was not easy. Richard had to hide from the bank to his ex-wife, and by guests, but in spite of everything he was able to not only cherish but also to constantly replenish it. His nails have recently attracted the attention of editors show "I believe - I do not believe" Ripley mentioned collection in the book "The shocking reality».

Gibson said he had not yet told his ex-wife, these glad tidings. "I'm waiting for the moment when I can show her the book itself. The nails are always irritated her, "- said Richard. Personally, I do not blame her.

But nails - is not the only passion Gibson. Richard - a great lover of all kinds of strange facts. He collected and delivered more than 70,000 of them in a column Ripley "I believe - I do not believe." "750 of them were printed, but my nails is the first time I was able to get into the book - says Gibson. - It's certainly not how to win an Oscar, but I'm proud of myself ».

via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting