41 km in free fall: a man carried a record jump, which will go down in history!

October 9, 2012 Austrian Felix Baumgartner set a world record by making the leap directly from the stratosphere to an altitude of about 39 kilometers. This event caused an international stir and became a sensation. Behind this leap with the support of a sponsor RedBull while watching live more than 12 million people.

But this Friday, 24 October 2014, the world has stirred up unexpected news: 57-year-old scientist, vice president of the world-famous by Google, Alan Eustace easily broke the record of its predecessor, having carried out a jump almost from the boundary line with the cosmos - from a height more than 41 kilometers. He prepared for it as much as 3 years!

This historic event took place in cooperation with Paragon Space Corporation. At dawn Alan Eustace after four hours in an oxygen chamber took to the skies in a special capsule attached to the balloon, with the runway at the airport in Roswell, New Mexico. The man was dressed in a specially designed spacesuit company with a complex life support system. He had to test equipment Flight strength. This costume was Eustace protect against sudden changes in temperature.

Unlike Baumgartner, who was inside a special chamber, Eustace rose from the runway by a large, helium-filled balloon. When they reached the stratosphere, Alan spent a few minutes admiring the magnificent view from the heights. Then the men were separated from the module and began a free fall, accelerate to 1287 kilometers per hour. In total, his descent took only 15 minutes.

His parachute opened, when it reached about 5 kilometers, and he safely touched down near the place where he began his flight. «It was awesome ... it was unforgettably beautiful! I had the opportunity to see the boundless darkness of space, I even managed to witness the atmosphere, which I had never seen before », i> - under the influence of said Alan Eustace.

Alan Eustace succeeded in jump with almost space.

Eustace always wondered whether people to study the stratosphere as easily and safely as scientists study, for example, the ocean. But this man has done and Fundamental first step in this direction. Alan Eustace himself hopes his jump will inspire others to explore this part of the world about which we know so little.

//player.vimeo.com/video/109992331?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0&color=1eabd8Слышал that it is impossible to jump above their capabilities? So this is - nonsense! This historic leap once again proves that nothing is impossible person. Tell us about this important event to a friend, even if they are not afraid to believe in the seemingly impracticable and translate it into reality.

www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2806972/Google-Executive-breaks-Felix-Baumgartner-s-highest-parachute-jump-record-secret-135-000-foot-l

Tags

See also

New and interesting