His last song, telling about the consequences of a terrible disease, brought the audience of the "Oscar" to tears ...

In the night from 22 to 23 February at the Los Angeles ceremony was held 87 "Oscars" - one of the major film awards in the world. Everything, as always, took place at the highest level. But many agree that perhaps one of the most touching numbers was the performance of the American singer Tim McGraw, who sang the last song written by American country music legend Glen Campbell, - «I'm Not Gonna Miss You» - on the fight against the terrible disease of Alzheimer's, that the singer has been diagnosed in 2011. Suddenly unbridled joy was replaced by general sadness. Recall that Glen Campbell - the famous American actor, singer and guitarist, who once worked even with the Frank Sinatra.

Campbell sentimental interpretation of the song «I'm Not Gonna Miss You» left the audience in tears. This song became the soundtrack to the documentary film "The Glen Campbell: I'll be myself." The picture tells the story of a farewell tour of the legendary singer and guitarist, who had to leave the scene due to complications caused by the insidious disease.

As is known, Alzheimer's disease - is a complex disease that at earlier stages causes a loss of short term memory, with the development of the disease there is a loss of long-term memory.

If you listen to the text of this tragic ballad, before the eyes appears a terrible picture, facing a person suffering from this terrible disease. The song is sung «I'm still here, but yet I'm gone, I do not play guitar or sing my songs» («I'm still here, but I was not. I do not play guitar or sing songs ... »). i> harrowing lines devoted wife Campbell, did not leave anyone indifferent: « You're the last person I will love, You're the last face I will recall ... "(" You're the last person I would love. You're the last, whose face I will remember ... »). i> and poignant words of which have become a leitmotif of the composition: « I'm not gonna miss you "(" I will not miss you »). i>

Stock up handkerchiefs and see footage devoted to Glen Campbell, and all those who had to deal with, as it is called, a disease of old age.

According to research conducted in 2006 year, the global incidence of Alzheimer's disease was 26, 6 million people, and by 2050 the number of patients may increase fourfold. Unfortunately, scientists have not found a cure for the disease, because they do not know the exact reasons that cause it. Current therapies only relieve the symptoms of the disease. But diet and a healthy lifestyle can reduce the likelihood of a human Alzheimer's disease.

Do not be indifferent, learn more about the disease and share this touching post with your friends.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8TsAh-zYFI

Tags

See also

New and interesting