20 legendary blues songs

Blues - is when a good man bad. em>

Rejection and loneliness, mourning and melancholy, bitterness of life, spiced with a burning passion, which is worried by heart - a blues. It's not just music, it is - real, true magic.

Crowded good grief Website gathered two dozen of the legendary blues songs that have stood the test of time. Naturally, we could not cover the whole vast reservoir of this divine music, so traditionally invited to share in the comments of those compositions that do not leave you indifferent.

Canned Heat - On The Road Again h3> Entuziasty and collectors Canned Heat Blues rekindled in his work a huge number of forgotten blues classics 1920-30. His most famous artist had in the late 1970s - early 1980s. But their most famous song was On The Road Again.

Muddy Waters - Hoochie Coochie Man h3> The mysterious expression «hoochie coochie man» is well known to anyone who likes a little blues, so called because the song is considered a classic of the genre. But the expression «hoochie coochie man» came into use only after 1954, when Muddy Waters recorded the song Willie Dixon, who instantly became popular.

John Lee Hooker - Boom Boom h3> Boom Boom was released a single in 1961. By the time Lee Hooker has long been played in the Apex Bar in Detroit and is constantly late for work. When he appeared, the barmaid Villa said: "Boom, boom, you're late again." And so every evening. Once Lee Hooker thought that this "boom-boom" could get a good song. And so it happened.

Nina Simone - I Put A Spell On You h3> The song Screamin 'Jay Hawkins was originally going to make a record I Put A Spell On You in the style of a love of blues ballads. However, according to Hawkins, "producer watered the whole team, and we recorded this fantastic version. I do not even remember writing process. Before that I was just a blues singer Jay Hawkins. Then I realized that I could do more devastating songs and screaming to death ».

In this collection, we have incorporated the most sensual version of the song performed by gorgeous Nina Simone.

Elmore James - Dust My Broom h3> Written by Robert Johnson Dust My Broom became a blues standard, after it has performed Elmore James. Subsequently, she did not just rehash other performers, but, in our opinion, can be called the best version is the version of Elmore James.

Howlin Wolf - Smokestack Lightnin ' h3> Another blues standard. Howling Wolf is able to empathize with the author to make, even if you do not understand the language in which he sings. Peerless.

Eric Clapton - Layla h3> Eric Clapton dedicated this song Pattie Boyd - the wife of George Harrison (The Beatles), with which they met secretly. Layla - incredibly romantic and touching song about a man hopelessly in love with a woman who loves him, but remains inaccessible.

B. B. King - Three O'Clock Blues h3> This is the song and made the famous people from the cotton plantations Riley B King. This is a common story in the spirit: "I woke up early. Where did my woman? "A true classic by the king of the blues.

Buddy Guy & Junior Wells - Messin 'With The Kid h3> Standard Blues by Junior Wells and virtuoso guitarist Buddy Guy. Under the 12-bar blues simply can not sit still.

Janis Joplin - Kozmic Blues h3> In the words of Eric Clapton "Blues - a song the man who has no woman or a woman who has gone." In the case of Janis Joplin blues turns into a frantic soul striptease hopelessly in love with a woman. Blues in her performance - is not just a song with repetitive vocals. This ever-changing spiritual experiences when the plaintive pleas go silent sobs from the raucous to the desperate cry.

Big Mama Thornton - Hound Dog h3> Thornton was one of the coolest singers of his time. Although famous Big Mama just one hit, Hound Dog, but he in 1953 7 weeks remained at the top of rhythm and blues lists of Billboard and has sold a total of nearly two million copies.

Robert Johnson - Crossroad Blues h3> Johnson attempted a long time to master guitar playing blues, to act together with his friends. However, the art that gave him very hard. For a time he parted with friends and gone, and when he appeared in 1931, the level of skill has increased many times. On this occasion, Johnson tell stories that have a magical intersection where he struck a deal with the devil in exchange for the ability to play the blues. Maybe damn cool song Crossroad Blues is about a crossroads?

Gary Moore - Still Got The Blues h3> The most famous Russian song in Gary Moore. According to the musician, at the studio it was recorded the first time from the beginning to the end. And we can safely say that it knows, even those who knew nothing about the blues.

Tom Waits - Blue Valentine h3> Waits has a distinctive husky voice, described by critic Daniel Dachholzom way: "He seemed to soak in a vat of bourbon, he seemed to have left in the smokehouse for a few months, and then when got, toured the him. " His lyrical songs are stories told often in the first person, with grotesque images of seedy places and seedy characters. An example of this is the song and Blue Valentine.

Steve Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood h3> Another blues standard. 12-bar blues played by virtuoso guitarist touches to the core and makes covered ants.

Ruth Brown - I Do not Know h3> The song of the wonderful film "The tariff for the moonlight." It plays at the very moment when the protagonist, nervous before the meeting, lighting candles and pouring wine by the glass. Soulful voice Ruth Brown is simply mesmerizing.

Harpo Slim - I'm A King Bee h3> The song with a straightforward text, written in the tradition of the blues helped Sliema in an instant become known. The song many times perepevali different musicians, but better Sliema did not do nothing. After like the Rolling Stones sung the song himself Mick Jagger said: "What good is listening to I'm A King Bee in our execution, when it takes the best Harpo Slim?»

Willie Dixon - Back Door Man h3> In the South America-treatment «back door man» refers to a person who meets with a married woman and leaves through the back door, before my husband gets home. It's about this guy magnificent song of Willie Dixon Back Door Man, became a classic Chicago blues.

Little Walter - My Baby h3> Thanks to its revolutionary technique of playing the harmonica of Little Walter is on a par with such blues masters as Charlie Parker and Jimi Hendrix. He is considered by the Executive, set the standard games on the harmonica for the Blues. Written for Walter Willie Dixon My Baby is the best demonstrates his great game and style.

Listen well:
The great jazz standards
Masterpieces of classical music

via www.adme.ru/tvorchestvo-muzyka/shedevry-klassicheskoj-muzyki-465655/

Tags

See also

New and interesting