Parable about potatoes and resentment

Beautiful and very instructive story about the offense

The student asked the teacher:

- You are so wise. You're always in a good mood, never angry. Help me and be so.

The teacher agreed and asked the students to bring potatoes and transparent bag.

- If you're on someone angry and harbored a grudge, - said the teacher - then take the potatoes. Write on it the name of the person with whom there was a conflict, and put the potatoes in a package.
- And that's all? - Puzzled student asked.
- No, - I replied the teacher. - You must always this package to carry. And every time when someone hurt, add the potatoes in it.

The student agreed. It took some time. Package student added potatoes and become quite heavy. It has always been very uncomfortable to carry. In addition, the potatoes, put it in the beginning, began to deteriorate. He was covered with slippery ugly bloom, some sprouted, some zatsvёl and began to publish a sharp unpleasant smell.

The student came to the teacher and said:

- It is no longer possible to carry. Firstly, the package is too heavy, and secondly, potatoes deteriorated. Suggest something else.

But the teacher said:

- The same thing happens to you. You just do not notice it right away. The actions are transformed into habits, habits - in the character that creates stinking vices. I gave you the opportunity to observe the process from the outside. Every time you decide to take offense or, conversely, to hurt someone, think whether you need this burden.

Tags

See also

New and interesting