Were in the wrong place at the wrong time ...

The history began on 22 March this year. At ten o'clock in the evening the two friends, both in their fifties, were returning home after drinking a liter bottle of whiskey for two, said later one of them in court. Meet friends were three young men. The two companies have not missed - one man touched the other shoulder. Began a verbal altercation, and then fight. As a result, one of the drunken friends got punched in the face and fell. Three young men immediately fled.

6 photos, text

It all happened in a park near the entrance to Gorky Park (Minsk, Belarus).

Three days later fell to the asphalt citizen asked for medical help. It turned out he had a traumatic brain injury. At the hospital, the victim spent about a month. The fact that serious injury was the reason for criminal prosecution. Taking video with a pair of adjacent cameras, investigators saw three young men who were near the scene around the time of the fight. That these guys and started looking.

In the frame of the three students of the Law College - Edward Eugene and Sasha. Not all twenty. Showing the audience recording from street cameras, voice-overs confidently accused of beating guys. The next day, told one of the guys TUT.BY - Eugene - classmates said they saw them in the criminal chronicle.

"Just went to the police»

- We thought that some kind of joke. One because we did not beat. Consulted with the administration of the college and decided to go to the prosecutor's office to investigate. Prosecutor sent us to the police station, where we were issued as witnesses. Strange, but nowhere in does not indicate that we are come, - says Eugene. - Gorky Park can not smoke, so we went out to smoke on the street and got on those cameras. Would remain in the park - and no work had not been!

Jack in the ill-fated place. Smoking after this incident he threw.

Soon the boys of the witnesses turned to the accused.

"We found them!»

- I'm a senior security officer said by telephone: "We have found them." I was so surprised - Alexander told the victim.

Not "come to identify the body," not "decide they or did not they?". "They've found." This phrase detective, probably swept away all doubts from the victim and witnesses. Guilty of three students still has not proven and they're called guilty. And shown as such on TV.

Further operative procedure had identification. The defense insisted that the identification conducted with gross violations of procedural law. Code of Criminal Procedure strictly regulates the procedure. Three people - two recognizable and extras - invites the investigator's office. The office should be, and two witnesses. Identifiable, in the midst of extras, it may take anywhere. It is extremely important to identify not know and could not even theoretically know who stands where. However, drew the attention of Eugene, detective out of the office to bring to the office of the victim. That is, theoretically, prospective students, operative could say the victim, whom to identify.

"Others simply do not have the evidence»

Evidence of guilt in this case were three circumstances. Identification of Eugene and Alexander Krupkevicha Haiduk one of the two victims, the identification of these same children in one of two eyewitnesses and videotape. The video recorded that three guys go a few hundred meters from the scene around the time when the victims were attacked. "Other evidence of the involvement of students in the crime in simply no", - said lawyer Roman Yulsky.

The accuracy of the identification of the defense challenges the videotape depicting three guys like walking does not prove anything, and does not refute. The law obliges the court all the doubts interpreted exclusively in favor of the accused, the assumptions in the sentence are not allowed, said the lawyer.

It is interesting that three days after the fight, victims could not describe the attackers. One of his friends, who was injured, did not remember anything at all. Another victim remembered only the approximate age of the attackers - 25 years. Witness the incident, a young girl, described the attackers signs much more. According to her, one of the guys was wearing a brown leather jacket and blue jeans. Second, stabs the victim was a slim build, wearing a black tracksuit with a black baseball cap on his head. Behind the back of the backpack was a dark color. Third, slim build, was in the maroon jacket with a rubber band and blue jeans.

Frame with surveillance cameras. Signs of people differ markedly from those described witness

These testimonies of victims and witnesses gave on March 26, three days after the fight. Subsequently, the victim, witnesses have changed dramatically. In court, the witness said that he could not remember the details: maybe there was a cap and backpack at the attackers, maybe it was not so clothed. But she remembers faces no problems with identifying the attackers. Also, no problem recalls the attackers and injured persons.

- I do not believe that they will find. So I did not give any indication, he would not waste time (in the description of the attackers in the protocol), - a position he held the victim.

"Here Come and take»

Place a fight in the street frame cameras misses. But it is the center of the city - there are a lot of cameras. Why investigators are interested in only a pair of video cameras on the street Frunze, and not, for example, with a camera at the entrance to the cafe "Skiff" - is unclear.

The arrows indicate the route turned to us guys. They claim that moving from Gorky Park in the direction of the circus along Independence Avenue. On the way, they just get into the lens of multiple cameras. These records may be able to clarify the matter. But in court they were not considered.

- I asked to take the operative record from cameras on the building of the Belarusian State Circus. We just passed by. "Here Come and Take" - he said to me, - says Eugene.

"If you give money to me now, it likely will not be»

Interesting fact, one of the victims - the master of sports of weightlifting. That he was involved in the identification. His friend, who was injured, did not remember anything.

- I have suffered with respect to, the tank hard to kill. Well, there's a couple of bruises, it's not so bad. But my friend specifically affected. I was in hospital for over a month. But he suffered the loss did not want to get involved in anything, only that it has not been touched, - said Alexander victim.

Despite its strength, the man gives the impression of a peace-loving and forgiving person. He says that the guys offered to resolve the matter amicably.

- What is wasting money on lawyers could give them to me as compensation. Now, if the father and mother came, apologized for unreasonable son, would ask for forgiveness. But for the procedures for such-and-so ... Then I would have behaved differently and would have been a different result. Could be much alleviated - Alexander told the victim about the proposal he made guys.

However, this proposal guys refused

- At the police station the victim told us verbatim: "If you give money to me now, this just will not." We immediately made it clear that we will not pay anything. We're not to blame, - said Eugene.

"I do not want only to pull his son!»

The case went to trial. Lawyers tried to point out flaws and inconsistencies in the record. However, the court did not take into account the arguments of the defense. Five and a half years of intensive regime for grievous bodily harm was Sasha Haiduk, the largest of the trio. It was he who, in the opinion of the victim, hitting him in the face with his fist.

Two other men were found guilty only in the group of hooliganism. Zhenya was sentenced to two and a half years of probation. And the third, Edward, applied amnesty because he is a minor. Also guys are obliged to compensate for non-pecuniary damage in the amount of 2 million rubles ($ 200).

Sasha was taken into custody in the courtroom. Correspondent met with his mother in Minsk, when she came to the jail to Volodarka on a date with her son.

- Yes, our children were just a little guilty, I would have crawled on his knees in front of these victims! I'd give anything, whether our children are to blame! But they're not to blame! For they are so, for what? - Due mother through her tears. - I have nothing else in life do not want to only son will pull!

Before leaving home mom convict Sasha long confused wandering the Railway Square. The capital was not hospitable

From the village a large fontanel

All three students - not citizens of Minsk. Get more of Sasha Haiduk came to study in Minsk from the village a large fontanel Mosty district, Grodno region. The son of a rural teacher, grew up without a father. Fellow students describe him as calm, balanced, sometimes sluggish man.

Classmates, by the way, did not believe in the guilt of the guys. Collected money for lawyers, went to support friends in court. Sympathetic and administration of the institution. After all, in his biography of students - no "aerial". They even went out of the park to smoke, not to run into a patrol. After a couple of these zaletov - and they can not see the hostel.

According to the prosecution, the next minute they beat two men. And it is the most spineless attacked the master of sports of weightlifting.

- The defense against sentence does not agree, he had already appealed to a higher authority

source

Tags

See also

New and interesting