Shark feeding from the hands

Wildlife photographer John Chapa made stunning photos while swimming within inches of sharks in Jupiter, Florida. For a fee of $ 100 (£ 60) John dives with brave tourists and photographs, as they feed the sharks.

3. John was about 800 dives, and each dive zanitmaet an average of 50 minutes: "I had to mentally step over themselves to make it the first time - you can not just go and do it dangerous».

4. Photographer notes that it is important to time, to feed the sharks close second after they were still open: "I usually keep my finger on the shutter button, and 5 shots - in the fourth, as a rule, shark jaws fully open" - he says.

5. Other Photos diver Cameron Nimmo (pictured) poses for him holding the bait right in front of the camera.

6. Chapa, who was surrounded by lemon sharks 30-40 says that sharks know that his menu is not, and turn away as soon as got the bait.

7. Lemon shark got its name due to the pale yellow color, which helps it blend in with the sandy bottom, where it can lie still.

8. The triangular teeth are slightly bent. These long, thin, sharp teeth can catch a slippery fish, the main food of lemon sharks.

9. diver Mickey Smith posing next to lemon sharks. Although this type of shark inhabits coastal waters, which are commonly used swimmers, surfers and divers, there have been no fatal cases attributed to this species, and still there were only 10 unprovoked attacks.

10. This species is found in the coastal waters of New Jersey (USA) towards the southern part of Brazil, the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean in the north-western part of the Atlantic Ocean and along the Senegal and the Ivory Coast in Africa in the eastern Atlantic Ocean .

Tags

See also

New and interesting