Cuckoo Clock - history is ticking

Cuckoo clocks were invented in Germany. Specifically, the clock became the birthplace of the Black Forest. True as it did a lot of options - from trying to build in the clock cock up the body and presented to the king (whether Karl - whether to Louis :) that same house with the clock.
In fact, probably the sound cuckoo was the easiest to reproduce by means of two bellows whistles. Double cuckoo in a different tone perfectly.

At the beginning there was houses - were cumbersome and imprecise mechanisms. In the 1700s, in the Black Forest was a lot of wood. Its cut and fused, the process is reflected even in fairy tales, but as the gloomy forests would not decrease and gradually began to watch wood, and with the development of the mechanics - the clock mechanism became more precise, and has gradually become metallic. The mechanism was set in motion at first massive stones that gradually zamnili on metal (iron) pigs, and eventually led them to the form of cones hanging under the clock. His weight weights act as a spring in normal hours and as long as there is a place where the sink and the whole chain is not selected on which they hang, the pendulum will regularly knock seconds.

Gradually, from the XVIII century, expanded functionality hours and hours concealed body that provided dance pairs, sawing wood or process of splitting, folk artists have come up with the traditional form of hours - house chalet.
Around the plot when the clock is a simple twist-house was the whole idea.

Fashion at such times has led to the fact that they were the subject of creating comfort and antiquities. Largely thanks to the cinema and television, where at the time when it was necessary to show the tourists or the old house - on the wall, the image of my grandmother's house, hung clocks. Although my grandmother, like many other did not have such a watch - their presence in the house makes the house more comfortable :) Funny thing - mentality.
But back to the clock. Initially, they were handmade - masters did its own unique style and storyline. Today, thanks largely to the development of technologies cuckoo clock became even quartz.
You can buy Chinese crafts in which the role played Guirec batteries and in order to preserve the appearance of a clock hanging plastic weights. So much so that these watches are doing and in the Black Forest. Are they really true this is cheaper.

In quartz cuckoo cuckoo authentic (record of the sounds of the forest cuckoo) an unlimited number of tunes. They do not have to start (pull every day or every nedelyu- weights) dancers dancing to recorded music and their dance is much more complicated, but when you stand near a clock feeling like the joke about Christmas toys - the same as the real thing, only not happy .
Much steeper when the clock is still mechanical - they are not so beautiful kukuyut and they only played one tune on the hurdy-gurdy. But this clock. Who really go who hang weights as Christmas cones and they really accurate.

In the town of Triberg there are several stores that sell these watches. They are made by hand immediately.

You can watch the video as a cut blank front of the board as it is cut and processed as harvested plot of wooden figures and thus collect watches - which would later be ticking on the wall.

All wood, traditionally, except for the clock mechanism - that despite the claims on the internet about their error - very precise and at normal setting moves forward or backward 1 minute no more than 1 time per month - for the mechanics is super. You can configure and steeper - I'm too lazy.

The clock itself are characterized in that the plant may be a day or a week. Have two or three weights (the third is needed for tantsulek) and of course sizes and subjects. There are different speed cuckoo - kukuyut week so slowly. HLM hours each has its tone - a bit different from the others.

Scenes from the simple to the bird to a huge multi-storey house with lots of outbuildings and stirring duplicate objects. Vnturi have sharmanochny barabnchik that plays music. Of course all this is not limited to - there is a night mode when the clock is not kukuyut and a lot of things that you can not describe it :) need to see and feel.

Prices now from 100 to 5,000 euros - more, I have not seen but surely there. Expensive models can be hung in bars and pubs, are cheaper in the halls or living room large villas, well, I chose the house with fawn :)
In Triberg and the surrounding area has a museum (where there is no need to drive - there is only a mechanism inside), the largest watch (there are the same in the UK and still somewhere).
They way kukuyut and spinning mill, couple dancing sawing wood, all as it should, and in a real huge clock mechanism - all of this.
Since it is not advertising the post, but just my story about the phenomenon is quite decent, I will not give the exact coordinates - who should find himself or ask me and I will answer. But the cuckoo clocks are to vist in your home!

Tags

See also

New and interesting