Previously, it was a different time

Do you remember a time when you were young children, and no cell phone you did not have? I still remember the days when not every child's phone was at home. And remember, as the children of working parents live?
He came home from school and found the soup on the stove and meatballs in the refrigerator, ate and left ... the music ... for a swim, or wherever you have written down. Those are happy who have a house key hanging around his neck. And I know some of that among the snowdrifts, and severe frosts, another two hours waiting until the parents come home from work.

Well, in general - there were many situations when your child is exhausted somewhere for half a day, and all. He's got a plan, it will be the hours of 6 pm, and the last time he was seen at 9 am for breakfast. Sometimes parents to check the route, call this same teacher for music, or someone to whom you can call. To check whether the child was obvious the station - house - a lesson - something else. But not always. I remember that we had a city is not very big - but children's standards and rather big. Sometimes the road somewhere takes an hour or more. And we wandered around this town - many times a week.

There's a bus waiting for half an hour, you're going to get across the bridge peshochkom. In such areas we went. Who would have shuddered every German, show him that some of these slums child goes 20 minutes through the forest and the ruins. And we went. And what's interesting - about a missing child or a tragedy when a child stolen and hurt - almost never heard. Here I do not remember any stories.

And now - once a week on TV screaming - left child was three meters from home to school and lost, and then found, it appears he was killed, well, if not even raped. and here I think - we do it all happened just as often and just no-one never said? But my grandfather worked all his life in the prosecutor's office - and all the friends of the family, respectively, were from the same place. When we have something like that happen. We learned "the latest gossip." and anyway - I've heard nothing about the missing children of the blue. And my parents were afraid of nothing, just because of all the kids all know shastali throughout the city, and never with anyone nothing happened.

Where did that come from today?
Why are children hung with mobile phones with phones icons parents and do not know what else disappear and get into trouble as soon as he went away from home. And in lyubyah countries, no matter how civilized.

And we remembered about it. because they were talking about that here, all aging people say that "before everything was better before it was different." And in fact all the same at all times, the same young people, old people are the same, and life does not change much. I am here reminded that there are still some differences - for example here. I remember that before this paranoia about children was not, and for special occasions it was not. Or it seems to me?

I also think that there was total control over the movement of all relatives and friends, and this life looked a little different. For example, a person went to work at 6 pm and all - for he died, until Monday morning, when revealed. Phone at his home there, and he does not need anyone to his next business day, all live without it. And the companion of life - went about his business, will come back at 9 pm, and no one is going crazy, what he (the beast) as much as a half minutes already on the SMS is not responsible. (Naveronoe IS doing something, that fear - otherwise, what could be the occasion to a normal person, his own wife as much as fifteen minutes not answer ?!)

Here's how you think - I dream it? Or something life was easier and safer in something still was scared. And somewhere - on the contrary, it was a hundred times easier and easier, where before - not even to think about it was terrible?
Or "everything is always the same" and "just all in a form of a bygone miss happy childhood, so is dreaming»?
via miumau

Tags

See also

New and interesting