"Twin Mill" -Large toy (18fot + text)

About «Hot Wheels» mentioned a few days ago.
forum11/st/25/topic218766.html
Here, I'll show and tell you about the respected comrade toy called «Twin Mill», turned into a real car.

In the mid 60-ies of the last century, the beginning of the factory «Mattel», issued in a series «Hot Wheels» models in the scale «MatchBox» (1/64) then popular cars, including authorship garage «Big Daddy». By 1968, the artist «Mattel» Ira Gilford proposed to start producing its own models of development with "Freaky" design. In 1969, the world saw a small «Twin Mill».
His popularity was so great that the collector's set of all colors and modifications «Twin Mill» went for $ 800!

The 30th anniversary of the series «Hot Wheels» in 1996, the company «Mattel» ordered a "hot rod" -Garage «Boyd Coddington» development and production of "full" version of «Twin Mill».
But in 1998 «Boyd Coddington» went bankrupt and the project «Twin Mill» «froze».

Inexorably approaching the 35th anniversary of «Mattel» made in 1999 to revive the project by the studio Barry Lobeck's.

Premiere «Twin Mill» took place at the 2001 SEMA Show in Las Vegas.

06 =

07 =

08 =

09 =

The movement «Twin Mill» is two «big-block» «Mooneyham-V8» from «GM». Capacity motors, alas, I do not know, I can only say that in America the term «big-block» called "passenger" motor volume of the order of 6-7 (or more) liters.

To simultaneously start the engines, they simultaneously scrolls the 38-volt starter with helicopter «Signal».
Each of the motors fitted with a mechanical supercharger and the total power of 1400 hp

12 =

Though the speedometer and marked up to 200mil / h (which is more than 300 km / h), but test drive on the race track «Las-Vegas International» rider Carson Lev for two laps time to accelerate "straight on" to 275 km / h. "Most did not work! - I said after Lev - It was terrible that there'll aim a heavy machine in turn. And the time to ride on the track was a little ... »

For the next auto show «Twin Mill» repainted in a different color from the palette «Hot Wheels».

15 =

The sale has already received models «Twin Mill-III».

17 =

«Mill Twin-III». Do you expect the next "monster"?

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting