Very strange story of the navigator with traffic jams

In the first picture you can see that the device is clearly not all right. As such he became, and what mistakes when choosing a browser is not necessary for me to repeat, and you will learn from this story. All the reasons mentioned below is concerned, both hardware and software components of this phenomenon.

There is a need to buy a new navigator. I chose a more powerful processor, large screen and stoppers, of course.
The choice fell on Ritmix RGP-590 Navitel. Features like normal, has placed an order, a courier brought. And here begins the transfer of its striking features.

Pupyrchatoy transferred to a bag for no case is not allowed.

The first shock. Even when the sun is not very bright, the screen can not see anything at all. I would like to tilt the device is lower, but it is already very leaned closer nowhere, leaned across his stunted carcass on the dashboard, rough, raspy holder suffers a strong incontinence. The display writes that before the rotation, for example, 890 meters, and aunt somehow broadcasts that must rotate after 800 meters, i.e. look at the screen required, but is difficult for the above reasons and ...
And one more thing for some. Here we have more and saaamy spooky touch the world, and priduroshnyh clown menu with some icons for preschoolers, in which the elements are either very large or very small. All this forces alternately poking the screen with your finger, the stylus, looking intently, respond or not. If you react, it is still not a fact that came to the right place.

And not the fact that by poking the result will generally be. Here we come to the most important. To jam! To have the plug, the device is to deal with the wealth of knowledge about traffic jams. He does this through a SIM card, the profile of which is not known for what purpose embossed on the back, but she bluntly inserted into the socket on the side without any plugs and and sticking half out all the time.

Passing a lot of detailed description of the process of getting traffic jams. Go to the menu GSM, activate mobile network, leave, wait until there are signs I found online, go to the homepage, where we were waiting for maaalenkaya piktogramka the middle on top of that we zhizeradostno signals that infa about traffic received and now the route is not somehow laid and already in view of intelligence.
To be in an uncomfortable position equal chance that dead information about traffic jams that live. Because cork go round offered and through the cemetery and through the park closed iron gates, and derailed a road embankment and through a pile of concrete rings, and simple, unpretentious through the yards, crossing the sandbox, footpaths and everything in the world.
It is not known for what reasons the unit after a very short time ceases to receive the Old for the latest traffic jams and never nachntёt receive until get out of the navigation on Will you come back to the section GSM, without shutting down the network again, are not included and, finally Start the navigation again.

And yet it should be noted that we have long been in the way, rushing some unknown alleys, completely surrendering knowledge navigator! And yet again, the device accepts the plug and is paving the route should continue to move in a random order by turning it back and forth.
You might think that when a route is laid in a new, or at least until the next otkisaniya plugs can go quietly? And here and there. The route is new, but ... in the opposite direction. Braking is already useless miracle device is already paving the route again! And the movement continues at random. After 15 seconds, we have a new fairway, but it is paved from the point where there was a previous embarrassment, already behind the heels or two turns and intersections, and, yes, of course, the route starts to be laid again. Brakes, we give thought to the Chinese miracle in a relaxed atmosphere and we get ... Yes! Again, the route in the opposite direction, or as if the vehicle somewhere across the side of the road. Trying to turn around is useless because Sensing that something was wrong by trying to fix the machine laying of the route again. And so I was 3 days in a row several times received a series of 15-20 minutes with fifty dollars on a route calls!

Trying to unravel the mystery of this case and led to her death. Having passed the same intersection 7 times in different directions, and see another message that "now accurately is now correctly go," I realized that either it is something to be here so I dokanyvat every day these for its unique qualities, or will reflash and roll on the service center to infinity.
The device was removed from the bracket and broken in half. And yet for the loyalty of ёpnut handle PPC. And not in a rage and screaming, and very calmly and reasonably. The last impression that the navigator made that the body is incredibly flimsy and lousy collected. And so immediately felt better and the mood has risen, which could not resist and began cracking chips pripasёnnye in the glove compartment just for the solemn occasion.

Then I went to the old friends first edges.

Am getting the results of this emotional and fragmented story:
The brand still has value.
The screen resolution does not look at all! It absolutely will not work in terms of the quality of navigation. We appreciate the responsiveness and adequacy of the stitch, the brightness of the pictures in the sun.
The frequency of the processor and amount of RAM does not matter if she navigation program curve, heavy and does not know how to use resources. Interrogate all the friends and acquaintances on the subject of who and what a program or do not like. Particularly important areas of quality, relevant and detailed coverage, frequency of updates, the rate of response to a user action, speed and value conversion routes prepodnosimye clarity of information, ie then, as shown interchanges, parallel roads, buildings and so on.
Heed to the quality of materials and ergonomics. Everything should look like in a hundred falls, thousands of withdrawals / settings and turns.
Battery capacity. Yes, sometimes I have to walk and walk with him. Rely on the availability of a sufficient voltage to the natural human does not have holes.
Do not get fooled by the plug! If you read reviews of similar devices on different Yandex Market, you will see that if you do not prevaricate nor a model and did it did not work properly. The only sure way - the old fashioned way to start and many traffic lights take a look at Yandex / Google / lead stopper, to assess the situation.

P.S. It's almost getting to the destination, the corner of his eye noticed that he was still alive. Lying on the floor all the mutilated, and as of the last feeble smoldering. And somehow, even it was a pity that did not give any chance to re-flash or just do not put it on the very top shelf quietly live his life.

By the way, and with flashing tooozhe not going smoothly. Wandering through the menu. I found a section in which nastoytsivo require you to enter a product key, rather puzzled. A website can get just such a cool infu Software Update:
If the contents of the device can not be copied - it is necessary to write in the service Navitela. You must go to the "Settings - Information", found there device's UUID. Send a request to the service Navitela. They will be sent back to the license number (usually 2-3 days it takes). Next, register your page on the site Navitela. Under the license number on the site - on his page - will have to download the software, maps, and the activation file. All this is to fill in the Navigator.
Somehow it seemed to me not very normal. That's all!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting