Change the battery in Garmin navigators

Perhaps I'll start with the worst - this is my first post, please do not kick.
I've got an old, but very reliable navigator Garmin. All it ustraivolo me, but recently discovered that the battery does not hold a charge even two minutes. I decided to deal with this, well I thought Yap fill may be useful to someone. I think 80% of other browsers can be repaired similarly.
And by local standards, please do not break, will be 17 more photos. Photographed soldering iron.

The first step is torn off a sticker with the label Garmin, underneath we find a couple of screws, unscrew. Next Navigator is divided into two parts.

We demonstrate not exactly brand new but certainly a very useful set of nozzles with a screwdriver, if you see this, take no doubt, a useful thing.

Half of our navigator, except that the plume from the main board prevents further operations, it is necessary to disconnect.

Here he is a native battery closeup. What's interesting - the label says that the composition of lithium-ion battery!

Bezzhalastno tear away a bunch of tape is torn off the label and see ...
Lithium-polymer battery production SONY, it is believed that the manufacturer labels were still on lithium-ion batteries, and they shaved continue their glue.

After careful consideration of the battery see it numbers 503,759, well, if someone does not know what 50 is the thickness in millimeters of a decrease of 10, 37 and the width of the well 59 long battery life. Searching the Internet can think what I find thicker, respectively capacity increase. What is not lucky with this interpretation was a version of the photo below. But he turned out to be a little too big, he decided not to, it is still 95% of the time the navigator into the cigarette lighter sticks.

As a result, digging there found cellfaktor.ru/catalogtovar.php?cat=3&tov=20&id=93 what I need, right to choose between two. One made in China with no name 1100 mAh, 1200 mAh other ET. ET liked more as something to do for enjoyable.

Well, just in case, fit directly on the unit

Next we need to rewire the home controller with a new battery, and sell advised to do so, they say it is better for the battery.
If you are interested to read about this controller recommend sdes see cellfaktor.ru/items.php?it=13

The process of soldering is not photographed. This is a brand new battery with soldering the controller, all neatly or isolated, tape the paper. By the way stuff is very comfortable, also recommended as electrical tape, just more pleasant to the touch.

I found the double-sided tape, stuck to the battery that during the operation was not thrown on the case.

Is pasted into the body.

All tried to connect as it was, or is not good, and of course we look, can you forget that connect.

Have patience, collecting, spinning, latches, put in the right position, the switch, but not as much as I am! Again I had to disassemble it. Well, okay.
Push button switching, feel the moment of excitement, the area around the stops, time seems to stop and ...

And one still works themselves are surprised, thinking that we are first-class electronics, remontkniki equipment boast.
P.S. The battery with the plant was 70% charge, loaded it in full, sellers recommended to do so.
This is perhaps the last picture that I pair excluded from this post.
Thank you all for your attention.
I'm not sure but vigitarianets of parsley will not give up :)

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting