Unpleasant incident occurred in one of the supermarkets with a young couple who unwittingly hurt and blamed for what happened.
We wish to caution you against such cases.
Remember that you, as the buyer, have their rights.
1. Do not hesitate to declare the protection or administration of the store that the "Civil Code" states that "the risk of accidental loss or damage to things is its owner." That is, until the moment of purchase the owner of things is the seller. Based on this, you do not have to pay for it. More details about the risk of accidental damage mentioned in articles 323, 668 and 1166 of the Civil Code. In essence, the laws "On Protection of Consumers' Rights in Ukraine and Russia are identical. May differ slightly but the numbering of articles and paragraphs of articles. No more!
2. Require the supermarket administration to provide evidence that it is you are guilty of damage to the goods. It can be a video from CCTV cameras, witnesses.
3. If you have damaged goods are stored in inappropriate conditions (on the shelves, are not protected by a special rim, in the aisles, etc.) point to this fact.
4. Remind the administration of the store that the Law of Ukraine "On Protection of Consumers' Rights in paragraph 2 of Article 17 states that" The seller (performer) must fully support the consumer in the free choice of products. It is forbidden to compel consumers to purchase products or poor quality unnecessary variety him. " Frustrated goods is not your choice.
5. If these arguments are not you angry guards broke shop, explain that refuse to pay the fine on the spot (maybe you did not count on the extra costs you no money with him). Say that such payments are made exclusively through the courts, and that, in the event that will prove your fault.
6. If the administration still insists you to pay for damaged goods, require preparation of the report on the incident. Where will already be recorded and the testimony of witnesses, and yours, and administration. Explain that only on the basis of this Act and a court will pay the penalty.
7. If the administration continues to put pressure on you (has got into the security room, refuses to release from the premises the supermarket, you want to keep your documents) should recall the paragraphs 1, 4 and 5 of Article 19 of the Law of Ukraine "On Protection of Consumers' Rights, which states ban unfair business practices and aggressive activity. According to the law the protection of the supermarket has no right to detain you, restrict your freedom. Explain what it is they are threatened judicial or criminal proceedings ...
Cases when illiquid, but quite expensive fragile goods, specially arranged in such a way that at the slightest touch or embarrassing to the shelf where it is located, will lead to his fall from a height and destruction. After that, the administration of all Market forces will try to hang the expense of someone from the adjacent buyers ...
All a pleasant stay and good shopping!